Monday, January 26, 2015

Well, we lucked out once again...

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this fine Monday evening?  We're doing okay.  If you haven't figured out what my title is referring to, it's the snow storm.  I won't lie to you about my being happy when I woke up this morning to see such a small amount of snow outside. 

It's not that I hate the snow, it's because now that we're getting up in age, it's harder for my husband to do the shoveling.  Since I'm ill, I am really not any help to him in that department.  He's recovering from some surgery, which was done two weeks ago.  He's doing well, but I really don't think that a lot of heavy lifting is going to help him in any way.  Actually, the doctor told him no heavy lifting for four to six weeks.  So, the small amount of snow that fell during these last two storms, was a good thing, as far as we're concerned.  How about you?  Do you like the snow?

Well, I've been very busy working on my handmade greeting cards.  Actually, it's moving right along and I'm very pleased with my progress.  I now have all of my daughters, sons-in-law, grandsons and my husband's birthdays finished; as well as, my Red Hat ladies birthday cards.  I've also completed my Valentine and Easter cards.  So, I'd say that things are going well. 

I can't begin to express to you how much I love creating these cards for my family and friends.  It gives me great joy creating them and I certainly hope that everyone enjoys receiving them, as well.  I have been asked, several times, why I don't sell my greeting cards to make some money.  My answer to that question is simply this:  If I were to sell them, then it becomes a business and I loose the joy in creating them.  I just love creating anything at all!

I've also been working on some embroidery work that I am giving as Christmas gifts in December.  I like having some hand sewing to work on while I sit and watch television in the evenings.  It is a great comfort to me.  I can't actually explain why, it just is!  Also, it means that I will not be stressed with last minute gift preparation in December.  Actually, I am now working on something for myself. 

So, tell me, what have you all been up to, that's in the creative category?  Come on now, there must be something that you enjoy working on that falls into that category.  How about cooking or baking?  Or perhaps you're working on the inside of your home.  You know, doing some remodeling, that's creative also.  I know that some of you are doing something creative.  Let me know what you've been working on to fulfill your creative desires.

I can't believe that this Saturday will be the 31st. of January already.  Where did this month go?  It seems like we were just looking forward to the Christmas holidays and now we're getting ready to meet February 1 already. 

I know that many of you are still in the work force, so tomorrow will be another work day for you.  I may not have a job to go to, but I do try to accomplish as much as I can, during the morning hours.  I just don't have much energy after lunch, so my hours of "working" are very few.  Anyways, I hope your week at work goes well for you and quickly. 

Be safe and God bless you all.
Susan



No comments: