Saturday, January 10, 2015

Would you?

Hi all,
I hope today finds all of you in good health.  The new year just seems to be speeding right along.  Do you agree?  I will admit that since I've gotten older, time always seems to go very fast.  I am not sure why that is.  Any ideas?

Do you ever wonder what your Grandparents or Great Grandparents, would say about the the way the world is today?  I am sure they would be amazed and confused at all the electronic gadgets available today.  I know even my parents would be surprised. 

I was watching something on the news the other day about an electronic trade show that was going on somewhere.  I just can't remember where, but that doesn't really matter.  They were talking about all the new electronic gadgets coming on the market.  I have to wonder where it will all end.  Maybe I'm just too old for all these gadgets. 

I have to tell you that I still like the idea of actually mailing a card or letter to someone I know.  I still choose to pay my bills by writing a check and mailing it to the person.  I do not do my banking on line, mainly because I like to be able to pick up my pen and physically do it.  I will say that I enjoy using my laptop, tablet, PC and my cell phone, but they are not attached to me, like an arm or leg.  I also enjoy making and receiving telephone calls to my family and friends.  I do not text and do not plan on any time soon.

What is your feeling about all the modern day electronic gadgets.  Certainly I wouldn't be able to have this blog if I was not using a laptop or something along those lines.  One thing I definatly like is having the ability to turn on my laptop and research anything that I want.  The days of using encyclopedias and dictionaries are about over.  Well, I occasionally do use a dictionary.  I suppose the companies who printed those type of books went out of business.  What do you think?

There really aren't even many book stores around anymore.  Even reading novels has gone electronic.  Well, not for me, because I still love the feel of a hard bound book in my hands.  I have a complete library which I simply love.  I have donated about 60 books to a local Catholic High School.  I expect that in another twenty or twenty five years, there will not be a need for book stores any longer.  That fact makes me extremely sad.

Well tomorrow is Sunday.  What's on your schedule for tomorrow?  As for me, the only plans I have is to attend Mass.  After that, I am not sure what I'll get into.  Perhaps I'll start on my Valentine's Day cards.  I definately need to get started on my hand made greeting cards soon.  The first birthday card I will need is in early April.  That may seem like a long time away to you, but it really isn't when creating hand made cards.  It takes me quite awhile to complete even one card.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and please remember to keep the Lord's Day holy.  If you live in this part of the world, stay warm and

No comments: