Monday, February 9, 2015

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this fine Monday evening?  It was raining here but I understand that it's on it's way East, which I'm happy about.  We have some really cold weather coming up towards the end of the week.  Oh well, whatever we get concerning the weather, we get!

My topic is referring to what I want to start next.  I'd been seriously thinking about starting a new novel, then I started taking an on-line course concerning jobs for writers.  I'm not really looking for a job, because it means I am tied down to time schedules.  Since I became ill with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, I am really not able to meet deadlines.

Working for this company includes writing articles for them on different topics.  What I don't know, is if I can choose to do only one or two a week, or if they dictate how many articles per week I need to write.  I have to say that the idea intrigues me, if I won't be under any pressure.

I think I have a touch of a 'bug'.  I thought it was something with my heart, but now I don't think that anymore.  I called the cardiologists office today and got an appointment for Wednesday, but I'm not sure now that it has anything to do with my heart.  I'll see how I feel tomorrow and if I am feeling okay, I will call and cancel the appointment.  I don't want to go in there and waste their time or my money.  On Sunday, I got such a bad 'chill' and I couldn't get warm.  I already was wearing a long sleeve turtleneck shirt and to that I added a sweat shirt and a large blanket, doubled in half.  I shook for about thirty minutes before it got better.  I stayed that way for going on two hours.  After it passed, I was so very tired.  Unfortunately, I didn't sleep well that night, either.  So, I'm hoping for a better night's sleep tonight.

One of my Grandson's, Tucker, has taken an interest in writing and singing rap music.  He is currently in college and I was so surprised to hear about this interest of his.  I asked him that if he has time, could he try to use one of my poems and put it to music.  I'm not really into rap, but he is, so that's okay with me.  It's so nice to see that some of my creative abilities were passed on to my grandsons.  Another one of them, Tanner, has started painting and he's very interested in photography.  I can't tell you how very proud I am of my six Grandsons.  They range in age from, almost 18 to almost 24.  They've all turned out to be very strong young men.  Okay, I am a proud Grandma, what more can I say?

Any ideas on what I should write about next?  If I write a fourth book in my series, then I already have the cast of characters.  I would need to come up with a different trip for them.  They've already gone on a car trip to Ocean City, MD, (Sassy with a Capital "S", a cruise aboard a ship, (Crafty-Cruise With a Capital "C") and a train trek across the United States, (Train-Trekking With a Capital "T").  Any ideas?   If you'd like to read any of these novels, they are available for electronic reading (on any electronic device) by going to www.amazon.com.  Just enter my full name into the search block and all of my books and booklets will come up for your perusal.  You can also borrow any of them from their KDP lending library.  I have a page for each of these three novels on this blog if you'd like to check them out.

What I do know, is that I am going to start another project and very soon.  How about you?  Do you have the February blues, what with all this rainy, snowy weather?  I hope you all are warm and dry where ever you live.  Stay well, and be safe always.
Susan




No comments: