Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy Thursday!

How's everyone tonight?

The first thing on my mind tonight, is the weather.  It's turning frigid here, with the wind factor, the temperatures tonight are to go down to -7.  That is just wayyyyy to cold for me.  But, as I've said before, there's nothing we can do about the weather.  So, I guess I'll get off that subject and hope everyone stays warm.

I am considering joining a website for writers, but it's a paying job.  I need to find out some facts before I make the final decision.  If they state how many articles per week I need to write, then I will have to think long and hard about doing it.  I simply can not put myself in a stressful situation, whether I am getting paid or not.  I would like the experience and the chance to prove to myself that I can write articles, but any stress or tension, would be bad for my health.  I will not do that to myself.  Hopefully, in a day or so, I'll get some answers and then I will make the decision.

I think I'd like to start another fiction novel as my next writing project.  First, I need to decide what I want the book to be about, decide on the characters and develop the plot.  Are any of you working on any creative projects?  If so, I'd love to hear what you're up to creative wise.

I'm almost finished with my Easter table runner.  I just have to do a blanket stitch around the outside of the runner.  I'm using a blanket stitch to attach the front and back together.  When it's completed, I'll post a photo of it for you to see.

I finished my cleaning this week.  So, I'm glad that chore is done for a little while.  I'm not a fussy cleaner anymore.  When I was younger with a family, I cleaned every week.  But now, it's just my husband and myself.  We don't make much dirt and we have a new furnace and central air conditioning.   So, there's not too much dust generated from them.  I suppose the other reason is because I just don't care as much as I used to care.  Keeping myself healthy is more important to me than an immaculate house. 

A close friend of mine is coming to my home tomorrow and I'm going to teach her how to do embroidery work.  She needs to stay off of her feet a lot, but she needs something to do while she's sitting with her legs and feet propped up.  We don't get together much anymore, because neither of us drive very much anymore.  Although, we do get talk on the telephone often, which I'm very happy about.  We have been friends for over thirty five years.  I can't wait to visit with her.

I have to share with you all that one of my Christmas Cactus plants has nine blooms on it.  Actually this is the first time it has bloomed for me.  I love the Christmas Cactus plant, mostly because I have such good luck with them.  I also love that they bloom around four times during the year.  Have you ever bought any of these plants?  If not, maybe you'd like to try raising one.  They like a cool area, with no direct sunshine.  They also like an area where there's no bright lights.  Give it a try sometime and let me know how they do.

Well, I guess I'll close for now.  Take care everyone and God bless each of you.  Have a good Friday and enjoy your weekend.
Susan



No comments: