Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hi all,

Well, Friday is approaching very fast now.  We are to reach record lows tonight during the night.  I certainly could do without breaking that record.  I woke up at 5:00 am this morning and we had no heat in the house.  The good thing is that by 8:30am, we had heat once agian.  My daughter had a tech guy, Gary, here as soon as he clocked in.  In the meantime, we plugged in some electric heaters that we had and two that my daughter dropped off for us.  He did a temporary fix until he can pick up the part tomorrow morning and fix it permanently.  This is definately NOT a good time for one's furnace to not work, especailly since it's less than a year and a half old. 

I have to tell you that I am so ready for some temperatures, at least, into the forties!  How about you?  I guess that for some of you, it's warm where you are.  But, I have a friend who goes to Florida for a few months during the winter and she told me that today's temperatures were only in the 40's.  Usually they have a low of about 67 degrees at this time of year.  I will tell you that I'd rather be right here than up in the New England states with all that snow.

I am currently entered in a writing contest and I have until the 27th of February to get my entry submitted.  I'm finished with the story, but I'm still tweeking it a bit.  I have to be very careful with the grammer and punctuation marks.  After I've submitted the short story, I believe I may use the story idea for my novel.  I'll have to do some research and make some notes before I even can think about starting my book.  I am a bit anxious to get started on another fiction novel.  It's been a while since I finished my last fiction novel. 

I am all finished creating my hand made greeting cards, well all except this year's Christmas cards, which I will not start until closer to the end of the year.  I do miss working on them, as I love creating anything.  Right now I am embroidering small felt rabbits to put some cold cash into as Easter gifts.  I love do embroidery work while I sit and watch television in the evenings.  It somehow comforts and relaxes me.  Have you ever done any embroidery work?  If so, do you enjoy it?  Let me know if you do.

With the weekend fast approaching us, try to enjoy your last weekday for this week.  Take care and stay warm and safe.

Susan

No comments: