Saturday, February 28, 2015

It's Started...

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this fine Saturday evening?  I hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend.  I understand that we're to have some more snow tomorrow.  That's just great....I'm kidding.

Well, I've started research for my new novel.  I have not yet chosen a title, but that will be coming along soon.  I can tell you that it will take place in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.  It will revolve around a "cold case" from twenty years ago. 

Did you know that when you write fiction, it still has to be factual.  That means that the story, itself, can be made up, but unless you're using a fictional location, certain thing must be factual.  I like to do most of my notes ahead of time.  It saves me from stopping the writing process to look things up.  When I get started, I like to keep rolling right along.  Oh, there is always a time or two that I still need to get my ducks in a row, but that can't be helped. 

I am excited about this new fictional novel.  I am thinking seriously about having it published by a marketing firm, that way they would take care of marketing the book and publishing it.  It may cost me a tad bit more, more then I wouldn't have to bother selling it myself. 

It feels good to be starting an all together new adult fiction novel.  I so enjoyed writing the three previous novels, which were in a series, but I'm getting excited about starting something all together new.  I was considering writing a murder mystery, but decided against that.  Mostly because anything I write regarding forensics or police procedure would have to be facts and that would be soooooo very much research.  I will still have to do some research, but not nearly as much as I would if I wrote a murder mystery.

I'll give you all a little bit of information regarding my new book.  It will take place in a place called, Boothbay Harbor, which is along the coast of Maine.  It will also involve the small island of "Squirrel Island, which is not far off the coast of Maine.  Well, that's as much as I am going to give away now.  You'll just have to be patient and wait for the rest of the details.

I have to ask all of you, if you think Spring will ever arrive.  I would imagine that first, we need to have some temperatures up into the forties, on a daily basis.  I understand that one day this week, it's to reach a high in the low forties, but that's just one day.  They are calling for snow showers three or four days this week.  Oh well, whatever we get, we'll have to live with.



No comments: