Friday, March 13, 2015

Happy Friday the 13th.

Hi all,



Actually, I don't believe in the old adage of Friday the 13th being bad luck.  How about you?  I believe bad things happen every day, some accidents and others done intentionally.  So, for me, this was just another Friday.

I've been quite busy lately working on my current manuscript.  I am very excited about this new novel.  It's the first one I've attempted of this sort.  The series of three novels that I've written in the past, were light and fun books.  Stories mostly about close friends, husbands and wives, and just enjoying life.  This one is a mystery.  It's about a "cold case" that's twenty years old.  It involves the disappearance of an eight year old girl.  She disappeared in 1995 while on vacation with her parents. 

I considered writing a murder mystery, but that would involve so much research checking out technical information and forensics.  This one has enough research for me.  I'm on page thirty eight now and I am so excited to continue with the story. 

Today, I've been thinking about the cover design, but I'm not sure what I'll come up with.  I have plenty of time to decide how I want the cover to look.  Perhaps a peaceful scene would work, I'll let you all know what I come up with eventually.  The novel is called, "Prolonged Uncertainty."  When it's finished and published, it will be available for electronic reading at Amazon.  I'll be sure to let you all know when that happens. 

So, what have you been up to that would be considered "creative?"  Come on now, I know you must be doing something that falls into that category.  Spring is almost upon us, so perhaps in the next couple of weeks, you'll be giving a lot of thought to your flower beds.  Many flowers do well in the cooler weather, so give that some thought.  I've been wondering if my Lilly of the Valley have pushed through the ground yet, put they're still covered with snow, so I'll have to wait to see.

I'm still working on my Christmas embroidery projects.  If you need a way to relax and build your self-esteem, try some hand sewing, like embroidery.  I love working on a piece while watching television.  It's both relaxing to me and I'm so proud of the finished projects.  I hope my family appreciates all the time I spend hand embroidering them. 

Tonight is the start of the weekend.  What's on your schedule for the next two days?  I don't have anything special planned, which is the way I prefer it to be.  I don't like feeling rushed or too scheduled.  I guess since I've become ill, I prefer a sedentary lifestyle.  This is a good thing, because that's the way my life has to be now. 

Well, whatever you do this weekend, please take, at lease, thirty minutes for yourself.  We all need some alone time.  Time to just sit quietly and reflect on where we're going in our life.  Have a good weekend and stay safe always.  God bless you.
Susan

No comments: