Wednesday, March 4, 2015

How's it Going?

Hi all,

Well, here we go again, starting tonight and into much of tomorrow.  More snow and a bit more than we've been getting.  They're saying 4-7 inches. I was going to go to the grocery store tomorrow morning, but now I'm not so sure.  Oh, I don't have to drive because my husband will take me, but I just hate going out of doors in the cold and snowy weather.  Well, I'll make that decision tomorrow.
For today, it's drizzling outside, but it's not too cold out there.

I am so excited because I have started working on my new novel.  Oh, I will still have research to do, but I am so glad to have started it.  It feels like so long a time since I've written a novel.  The last book I did was my book of poems, which I truly enjoyed writing.  I just miss the feelings I get when I'm working on a new novel.  Sometimes the ideas hit me at strange times, often when I first go to bed at night.  I think I should keep a tablet and pencil by my bed, so I can write down my thoughts.
My goal for this novel is to have it completed and published by November.  I think I can do that, if I stay focused.  That gives me ten months, so hopefully, I will finish much sooner.  Time will tell!

The novel's title is:  "Prolonged Uncertainty" and will revolve around two close female friends and how they get drawn into a 'cold case'.  The setting is Boothbay Harbor, Maine and the 'cold case' happened on Squirrel Island, which is a few miles from the coast of Maine.  Keep tuned in for my progress.

I am still working on my embroidery pieces.  Right now I'm creating gift card or money holders for my family for this Christmas.  I now have six of one type finished and five of another one.  I just can't tell you how doing embroidery work relaxes me.  I can spend hours doing embroidery, which is a good thing, because it takes me at least a few hours to complete one of them. 

What have you all been up to lately?  I do hope you have been doing something creative.  I am so happy to know that two of my Grandsons have creative abilities also.  That makes me a proud Grandma.  One is a budding photographer at age 17 and the other, at 20, is writing his own songs and putting them to music.  Now, I am proud of all six of them and I love them very much.

Check out my books here on the pages of my blog or you can go to:  www.amazon.com and put my full name into the search block and then click.  All of my adult fiction novels, as well as children's fiction novels; my books on chronic health issues and booklets on heart disease and Divine Mercy can be found there.  They are all available for electronic reading on any computer, laptop, tablet, Ipad, etc. Just download the app from Amazon.  You can also borrow the books and booklets from KDP on Amazon.  Check it out! 

I want to thank all my loyal readers for following my endeavors through my blog.  Please pass on my blog address to your friends.  Take care and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: