Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy Saturday!

 Hi all,

Well now, our weekend is about over already.  I was happy that the sun melted a good deal of the snow today.  I understand that our temperatures are to be getting up close to fifty by Wednesday.  Wahoo for that!

I am happy with the progress of my new novel.  I didn't get a chance to work on the manuscript today, but I have hope that tomorrow will be better.  Although, I do have some laundry and cleaning to do in the morning.  Hopefully I will find at least an hour in the afternoon. 

I am excited to really get into the nitty-gritty of the story.  I know I have to be patient, but I'm anxious to get into the plot of the book.  It's about a 'cold case' which occurred on Squirrel Island, which is a short distance off the coast of Maine.  Of course, Squirrel Island is a real place, but the cold case is not. 

I can't tell you how much I love writing and I'm so thankful for the creative abilities that God has bestowed upon me.  I've also been hand embroidering a lot lately.  It seems that every time I sit down to watch television, I automatically grab my embroidery bag and start working on whatever I have started.  It so relaxes me and I am quite proud of the finished work. 

I am helping a very dear friend of mine to learn how to embroidery.  I'm hoping that she will love it as much as I do, but mostly I'm hoping that the finished project, will help her to feel good about herself.  Also, that it will help to relax her a bit.  Time just flies when I'm doing embroidery!

What have all of you been up to lately?  Do you think that spring is finally on it's way?  I hope so, but I wouldn't rule out old man winter poking his head back up once again.  It will be nice when the furnace doesn't run constantly, and that will help lower the gas bill.


Here are two of the embroidered pieces I've done.  They are gift card or money holders for Christmas.  They were very time consuming, but I loved every minute it took to complete them.

I hope the first day of your work week goes well for you.  Just think, two days after Monday is Hump Day!  Have a great day tomorrow and stay safe always.
Susan

No comments: