Tuesday, March 17, 2015

How's your week going?

Hi all,

I hope your week is going well.  Mine has been pretty productive so far.  Between my house work, my hand embroidery and my manuscript, I've been kept pretty busy so far this week.  I hope your week is going well, too. 

My manuscript is moving right along.  I'm happy with the progress I'm making on it.  I haven't worked out all the details as of yet, but they'll come in time.  I've not written this type of novel before, so I have to confess that I'm very excited about it.  I've shared with you all that it's about a cold case.  There was a little eight year old girl who just disappeared, twenty years ago.

I can hardly even imagine what the parents of this little child have suffered over the last twenty years.  Can you?  I try to put myself in their place, but I can only say I'd be lost if one of my children passed away, much less just disappeared.  I suppose I am enjoying writing this book because it works on my emotions and when that happens, I find I write from the heart and I feel I do my best when I am writing with emotions.

I've been thinking about the design of the cover.  I have a few ideas, but have not settled on any one idea, as of yet.  I have plenty of time to do that as I continue with the manuscript.  A good cover is so important to the sale of the book and I'd like the cover to reflect something of the title.  I'll just have to continue pondering on the subject until something strikes me as the perfect idea.

Well, today we hit 60 degrees but over night tonight, it could go down to thirty degrees.  What's up with that anyways?  I think too many people think that we are now going to have warm weather.  I seriously doubt that!

I'd like to hear what you do that takes creativity.  Please let me know.  We all have been given some creative talents, but many people don't use that talent.  My advice is to try something, anything creative.  That would include rearranging your living room furniture, to reworking your flower beds.  For you men out there, how about redoing your work shop areas or do some creative painting on your walls.  You may just surprise yourself!

Well, tomorrow is Hump Day, so you'll be on the second half of the week.  Relax and enjoy the rest of your week.  The weekend will be just around the corner.  Be safe and may God bless each of you.
Susan


No comments: