Sunday, March 29, 2015

What are you passionate about?

Hi all,

Well, we are once again saying goodbye to another weekend and a cold one at that.  I know its spring, but this past week surely didn't feel like it.  This past Wednesday, we had snow!  Oh well, there's no use complaining, because there's nothing we can do about it anyways.  Here's the thing, soon summer will be upon us and we'll be complaining about the heat and humidity.  So, I guess we should just be thankful that the sun was out and shinning brightly today, at least for awhile.

I know tomorrow is the start of the work week for most of you out there.  Even though I don't hold down a job outside my home, I still have responsibilities that need tending to; such as, Monday is laundry day for me, always has been and always will be.  I am, definitely, a creature of habit.  Actually, I'm kind of pleased that I am.  I am an organized person and that seems to go well with my normal routine.  How about you, are you a creature of habit or do you fly by the seat of your britches?  I don't think one is the right way to be and the other one not.  I just think it's whatever works best for you.

Today was the Lord's day, so I spend all morning giving praise to Him.  The Mass today was the celebration of Palm Sunday.  It was rather long, and hour and one half, but I really didn't mind.  It was a beautiful service.  I also sang The Divine Mercy Chaplet, which moves me so much.  I then finished with six or seven old Christian hymns that I particularly love.  Some of those old hymns move me to tears, as does the singing of the Chaplet.  I feel so very close to God when I sing the Chaplet and when praising God by singing Christian hymns.  Did you remember to keep the Lord's day holy?  It's something that's very important to me, always.  Holy week is beginning tomorrow.  I'd like very much to take part in some of the services on EWTN during this week.  That's important to me.

What's on your schedule for tomorrow?  I do have some laundry to do, but I also want to get back on my manuscript.  I only worked on it about an hour and a half this weekend.  I'm getting very excited at the place where I am in the book.  This is the first novel of this type, that I've written.  It is about a twenty year old cold case, involving the disappearance of an eight year old little girl.  I am undecided, as of yet, as to whether I'm going to just self publish a few hard copies and then put it on amazon for electronic reading.  I definitely am going to put it out there for electronic reading, but I'm not sure if I want to go with a publishing company who also sells the book for you or not.  In the past, I haven't done that, but it's been twirling around in my brain.  I'll have to do some more checking then I'll make my decision.

What have you been up do that's creative in nature.  There are so many things that can fall under the title of "being creative", that you may just be surprised.  I have two Grandsons who are now using their creative abilities and that makes me so very happy.  One is a great photographer and abstract painter and the other is composing and recording his own rap music.  I am so proud of all six of my Grandsons.  They have all grown up to become strong and loving men and for that, I thank God with all my heart.  Sometimes it's so hard for me to believe that they are now grown up men.   They range in age from almost 18 to almost 24.  Where has the time gone to?  I am now an old woman!

I wish good things for you all this week as we all look forward to the celebration of Easter Sunday and the remembrance of Christ's rising from the dead.  Have a good week and be safe always.  Please remember to be kind to others.  Just a smile may brighten their day, you just never know!
Susan

No comments: