Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happy Sunday!

 
Hi all!
 
Here's a photo of the newest Christmas ornaments that I've completed.  I am now working on some snowmen ornaments.  I love to sit and embroider, while I watch television.  It keeps me busy and helps be to complete some Christmas gifts now, instead of waiting until December.  How good is that?  I think it works well for me. 
 
 


How was your weekend?  I know its' not over just yet, but it might as well be, for me at least.  I've had a busy weekend and tonight I am quite tired.  I suppose some of that could be because I didn't sleep too well last night. 

Well, for a lot of you, I know tomorrow will take you back to work once again.  I remember how much I hated Monday's for just that reason.  But, the good part about it was that Monday's always went very fast for me.  So, that was a help, at least I told myself it was. 

I retired for good many years ago, after becoming chronically ill and unable to work any longer.  I can't say that I'm sorry that I am no longer able to work, but at times, I feel that I would have traded in my illness for having to work.  Now, I just do as much as my health permits me to do.  Some days that's not very much at all; other days, I spend a good bit of time on my writing and other creative activities.  I thank God for giving me these creative abilities and also my Mom.  She was always very creative, also.

Have you ever wondered why things happen the way the do?  It's something I think about from time to time.  What I believe is that everything that has happened in my life time, has had a purpose.  Some of those things were joyous things, some were very sad and many were very hard emotionally for me.  But, I believe that all those things put together, have made me the woman I am today.  I like the person I am.  I am much happier since I started living each day giving gratitude and acceptance to God.  It truly has made me a content person.  Try it, you may experience good  things in your life.

I do hope that Monday brings good things for you.  For me, it will bring laundry and work on my manuscript.  Stay safe and God bless you all.
Susan

No comments: