Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Do You Ever Wonder Why?

Hi all,
 
I hope your Wednesday is going well.  Mine has been pretty productive.  I worked for over two hours this morning on my manuscript.  It's moving along really well and I am very pleased with it thus far.
For all you folks working Monday through Fridays, today's Hump Day, so cheer up, tomorrow you're on the down side of the week.

Have you ever wondered why certain people come into your life?  Or what your part in that relationship is to be?  Or perhaps, how you've gotten so lucky to have these people in your life?  I've always believed that God puts human angels into all of our lives, to lend us support exactly when we need it.  I do know this is true, because I've experienced human angels in my life many times.  But I am wondering if I have ever been a human angel for anyone else.  I truly do pray that I have been, but I suppose it's really not important for me to know whether I have been, or not.  It's far more important that the other person feels I was their human angel, even just for a short time.

About a year ago, a wonderful family came into my husband's and my life.  They are young enough to be our children and their child, our grandchild.  We've become very close with them and we both love their little family very much.  We are good friends with the three of them.  Now for the sad part, the husband is dying from numerous cancers throughout his body.  He was recently told that there wasn't much more they can do for him and it's breaking both their hearts.  I can't even imagine what they both are going through.  He just wants to keep living to spend as much time with his wife and son as possible; while she wants the very same things.  She is extremely anxious about everything.  She's worried about how she's to take care of their son on her own, after her husband passes. 

Both my husband and myself are trying to be there for them at every opportunity we can.  But, truly what do you say to someone in this situation.  Of course, we say all the appropriate things, but it's just not enough.  Nothing we say can or will change the situation.  I know that God has put this couple into our lives for a reason.  I've had conversations with the husband regarding his illness many times.  We can talk open and truthful with one another, of which I am so thankful.  I've also had many, many conversations with the wife and I continually try telling her that she is a strong woman and she'll manage just fine with whatever she needs to handle.  But, of course, doing that is far harder than it is for me to say it. 

I do know how hard it is raising children on your own, because after my first husband left me and my daughters, I had to finish raising the three of them on my own.  My oldest was just about grown up, but she still lived at home.  The first two years after he left, were some of the hardest I've ever had to live through.  But, with God's help, I made it and I ended up a very strong, independent middle aged woman.  For that I will always be thankful to God, for without His help I doubt I'd have gotten through everything I did.

What more can we do for this family, except to be there for them when we are needed.  Since we live over an hour away from them, it's not like we can get together often.  Although we do spend a great deal of time with them during the summer months.  The very best thing I can do for them, is to pray for them, to ask God to stay close to them and hold them very tight in His hands. 

It's a sad situation, to say the least, but we are so happy that God put them into our lives when He did.  So, I hope and pray that, in some small way, we can be human angels for the three of them.  With God's help, we will be!  Please remember this family in your prayers today. 

Be safe and give thanks for all you do have!
Susan

No comments: