Wednesday, April 29, 2015

How's your day going?

Hi all,

Happy Hump Day!  How's your day going, thus far?  I hope all is well.  My day, so far, went well.  I did a load of sheets, remade the beds, worked on my manuscript for about an hour and a half, cut some more white cotton pieces (for my bedspread I'm embroidering) and sang some hymns of praise.  That's a good day for me.  How about you?  Did you do anything creative today?  I hope so, no matter what it was.  Being creative makes one feel good about yourself.

I was asked when I started writing.  Well, that would have been around twenty five years ago.  But, I've always enjoyed writing.  I remember that when I was still in school (which was many, many, many years ago) I loved writing book reports.  I just never tried writing as  career, after graduating from high school.  I just wanted to get married and be a Mom.  That had always been my goal.  Then I was told that I would never be able to have a child of my own.  Fortunately, for me, God had other plans.  I gave birth three times, to three lovely daughters.  I also had  miscarriage in between the fist an second one.  I was truly blessed!

My current manuscript is coming along very well.  I'm now on page 171.  I figure I'll have maybe another 30 to 50 pages to go until it comes to an end.  I did take a bit of time today to hand make a graduation card for one of our Grandsons, who will soon be graduating from high school.  That will only leave me with one Grandson in high school.  And, he'll be graduating next year.  Man oh day, where does the time go?  I can remember when each one of them was born

I've had this itch lately, to get back into drawing, using either pencils or chalks. But, I don't see that happening until after I complete my novel.  I'm always ready to do anything that's creative.  Do you realize that to be a great boss, you have to be creative.  How else would you be able to adjust your staff's schedules to their liking, you need to be fair and honest with them, you need to divide the work equally between all of them and you need to see the human side of them, as well.  Think about it!  It's true..

I do hope the remainder of your week goes well for all of you.  Stay well and may God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: