Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What a change a few days make

Hi all,

Wow, over the weekend the temperatures here were in the mid seventies.  Today our highs were around 65 and for the rest of the week and through this weekend, it's only to be in the fifties.  I know that's more normal temperatures for April than the seventies.  And, I prefer the normal temps at this time of the year.  But, why the great difference in the temperatures? 

How your week going thus far?  Mine is going well.  Yesterday I spent a good hour and a half on my manuscript and today I worked on it for about two hours.  It's moving along nicely and I'm getting excited because I'm now on page 152. 

I was very excited when I had my last three adult fiction novels published, but this one is different and I can't wait to see it in print.  The first three were just fun stories about a group of close friends and all the trouble they'd get into, but this one is of a more serious nature.  It's the story of a twenty year old cold case, involving the disappearance of an eight year old little girl.  I really am enjoying writing this one.  I guess you could say that I'm stepping 'out of the box' on this one.

I'll let you all know when it is available for electronic purchase, through Amazon.com. I'm not sure at this time, whether or not I'm going to have it marketed in hard copy, or not.  I will have a few copies printed up for family and close friends. 

I want to thank all of you who prayed for my friends, whom I mentioned in my last blog.  I know how powerful prayer can be, so please remember them in your daily prayers.  Sometimes I just wonder why things happen the way they do.  Sometimes things go so well for us and at other times, our lives are filled with sadness and pain.  I suppose that everything we go through, both the good times and the painful ones, serve to make us stronger human beings; as well as more thankful humans.  At least I hope so. 

What have you all been up to lately?  Have you started working in your gardens yet?  You know it's about time for you to get out there and possibly design a new layout for your flower beds.  Just think how creative that would be and how beautiful it will look when your plants are blooming.  I'm sure you'll get lots of good compliments on your creativity.  Go for it, what do you have to loose?

I'm still doing my embroidery work.  I'm currently working on a summer bedspread for my bed.  The base of the spread will be a light green queen sized sheet with lace around the edges.  The top of it will have square blocks which will be hand embroidered with different designs and saying.  I'm using all pastel colors of  floss to do the embroidery work.  I will be needing approximately 24 to 26 blocks total.  So, that being said, I may not have it finished until next summer, but that's okay with me.  All good things take time!  Have you ever heard that old saying?

What have you all been up to lately; well, besides working that is?  I encourage you to try something creative.  There are so many different things encompassed in the term:  creativity.  It's not just drawing, painting, writing, etc.  Please let me know what you choose to do, to be creative.  I'd really like to know.

Just a reminder for all you working people out there:  Tomorrow is Wednesday and it's Hump Day.  You all know what that means, so cheer up! 

Well, I'm going to close for now.  Stay healthy and safe always.
Susan

Here's one of my squares.  Sorry but the picture isn't very good.


No comments: