Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Happy Tuesday evening!

Hi everyone,
How's your week going thus far?  Mine is going better than last week.  At least I haven't had any electronic issues, so far.  Everything is working with my new printer, although I'm still trying to get used to this new one.
When you get older, working with electronic devices gets harder.  Oh heck, a lot of changes get harder to accept.  I believe that's because as we age, we find it harder to make changes in our lives.  We get more set in our ways and change doesn't come easily.  Maybe I'm just making excuses for myself, but that's okay, I am an old person!

I haven't yet submitted my manuscript for publication because I still haven't figured out how to format it to their desired format.  I may end up just paying them the extra money to do it for me, but I'm not quite ready to do that.  I've kind of just set that project aside for a few days.  I've been working on cleaning my home.  I'm almost done so I may just finish up tomorrow.  Then it's done for a while, because I don't clean nearly as often as I used to do, when I was younger.  I used to worry about having a clean house, but not so much anymore.  It's just my husband and myself and we don't make all that much dirt.

I am anxious to get started on my hand-made Christmas cards, but once I get started, I like to get on going until I'm finished.  I have so many ideas swimming around in my head and I'd like to get started on them.  Have you ever tried making your own greeting cards?  If not, you should give it a try.  You just may enjoy yourself and discover that you do have some creative ability inside you.

Can you believe that today is already the sixth of October.  Time is just flying on by!  My Red Hat group is having a Halloween Party in a few weeks and I need to get started on coming up with some games for us to play.  I only need about three, but I hate to replay a game from the year before.  Any ideas?  I was thinking that perhaps we'd divide into groups and have one person as the model and the other 2 or 3 (in each group), dress the model in a fancy outfit.  Of course, they would only have crepe paper, ribbon, toilet paper, scotch tape and scissors to use.  What do you think?  Could they come up with an outfit?

My oldest daughter, Marlena, is daily posting how many days or weeks it is until Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and also Thanksgiving.  I love seeing those posts.  My very favorite time of year starts at Thanksgiving and ends with the New Year.  The Christmas Season fills me with so much warmth for everyone around me and that's a good thing.  Also, everyone else seems a bit nicer during that period of time.  I love having my family all together for both Thanksgiving and for Christmas Eve.  We don't all get together very often, as they all have their own families and schedules.  I'm just thankful that they're all healthy and have jobs.

Here's a photograph of a pillow I made for all three of my daughters and one for myself, a few years ago.  I put mine out every Christmas.  It just makes me smile.

I hope your week is going well and that you are healthy.  May God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: