Friday, October 2, 2015

It's been a rough week!

Hi all,

How is your week going?  Mine has been a tough one.  Since I got chronic congestive heart failure, nine and one half years ago, I get emotional very quickly, over anything.  This past Monday I was scheduled for a 4 to 6 hour test, regarding my heart problems.  I was very anxious about what the results would be.  I have to say that the worrying started two weeks prior to the test.  I tried not to worry, but it just seemed to keep popping up in my mind, no matter how many times I tried to ease my worries.

When they called on Tuesday, to give me the results, I took a breathe and waited.  The answer was that they didn't find anything new, which made me happy.  One thing off my list to worry about.  The other problem was that I was having trouble with my PC and didn't know how to fix it.  On top of that, my expensive printer wasn't working properly anymore and I couldn't fix that either.  So, I finally called "Doug", my tech guy, and he came over and fixed my PC.  As far as the printer, he said he would suggest that I purchase a new printer because it would probably cost me just as much to have mine repaired.  So, I purchased a new one and attempted to install it.

You guessed, I couldn't do it.  I tried many times and it just wasn't working and I still had to hook it up to my laptop as well.  It is a wireless printer.  So, in desperation, I called "Doug" once again and he came to my rescue.  He is such a good person who also suffers from a chronic illness.  He hooked the printer up to my PC and to my laptop.  Now I can print once again, as well as, scan and make copies.  Now I'm a happy lady once again.

That all took place over the period Monday through Thursday evening and I'm glad that it's all fixed.  My nerves have been very bad this week and that is certainly not good for my heart condition.  Hopefully now I can relax this weekend and give thanks that my problems are now solved.  At least for now they are and I hope for a long time.

I am sure many of you had a lot of worse problems then I did, but with a weak heart, it's a bit different for me.  I do hope that, like me, you've solved all your immediate problems.  Thank God I'm not still raising children because I have absolutely no patience anymore, not that I ever had much in the first place.

I hope you all have some fun things planned for your weekend.  I don't have anything planned, but that's a good thing for me.  I'm sure I will spend time on my hand embroidery and perhaps I'll get started on my handmade Christmas cards.  I looked over some things today, so I will know what I'm doing when I do start.  I think I'll only make about fifty of them this year.  I still have some left over from last year, so I'll use them up first.

Have you been doing anything creative?  I do hope so.  I found some other projects I'd like to get started on, but just haven't had the time or mostly the energy to start them.  I have to get my manuscript to the publisher and I'm having trouble changing the format for them.  Nothing new there, is it?  I'll keep working at it and if I can't do it, I'll see if anyone can help me.

Have a wonderful weekend and plan indoor activities, as it's to be a wet weekend here on the East Coast of the US.  Be safe always and God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: