Thursday, November 26, 2015

It's Turkey Day here ...

Hi everyone,

Well, today is Thanksgiving Day.  What are you most thankful for today and do you give thanks for all you have, every day?

I suppose many of your answers will be much like mine.  I'm thankful for my wonderful, loving family.  We will be spending Thanksgiving Supper with them, shortly.  Well, not all of them, but some of them.  I'm also very thankful for the gift of life, which God has given me.  In three months it will be ten years since I became chronically ill with Congestive Heart Failure and it will be 24 years since I've been pacemaker dependent to live.  So, as you can guess, that's why I'm so thankful for the gift of life.

My life changed after that diagnosis, but at least I was still alive.  So, that truly is my greatest blessing.  It's usually not until after one becomes very ill, that they realize just how important life truly is.  Yes, my life is very sedentary, but that's okay with me.  My goal is to live long enough to have a great, grandchild, and I don't think that will be for some time yet.  Basically, it's all in God's hands, just as my life has always been.

Whatever you're doing or where ever you're going today, please take a few minutes to thank God for the gift of life that He's bestowed upon you and your loved ones.  It only takes a few seconds to change your life completely!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
Susan

No comments: