Thursday, November 12, 2015

The week is almost over now...

Hi all,

How's everyone this evening?  I'm doing okay, so I can't complain now can I?  This month is just flying on by, don't you think so?  Two weeks from today is Thanksgiving Day, can you believe that?

I do love Thanksgiving, although I give thanks on a daily basis for all the many blessing I've been given all through my lifetime.  Since becoming chronically ill, I've learned what is important in my life and what truly isn't.  I used to worry about so many little things and now I simply don't.  What is important to me is my husband, my daughters, my sons-in-law or significant other, my grandchildren, my extended family and my friends.  I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, food to eat, heat and cool air to make my home comfortable and I'm still alive.  What more could I need in my life?

Illness changes a person's life.  This I know is very true.  Sometimes it's for the better and sometimes it's for the worse.  That is entirely up to the individual and their state of mind.  No, I can't run around going on bus trips, train trips or the like.  I can't start my evening at 7:00 pm, because by then, I'm just too tired and I need to be home on the sofa in my pajamas.  I have very little energy anymore, but that's okay, too.  What I do give thanks for is that I am still alive.  I can still watch my grandsons grow into strong young men, see my daughters happy and be with my husband.  I still have the ability to use some of my creative abilities in a limited time period, which is okay with me.  So, you see I have so much to give thanks for every day.  I hope you feel this way, too.

I'm still working on my hand embroidered kitchen towels, which I'm using for Christmas gifts.  Of course, I will retain one or two for our kitchen.  I have to make about twenty more hand made Christmas cards yet, so I suppose I need to get on the stick and get them completed.  After the holidays are over, I need to start my all occasion cards for next year, as well as, my birthday cards for my family and other holiday cards.  I love creating my own cards.  I suppose all my crafting abilities are where I get my self-worth from.  I don't know if I'll start another novel next year or not.  Time will tell.

How about you?  What have you been up to lately?  I hope you are keeping your creative abilities alive because they may boost your self esteem, also.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your families.  We just never know when a member of our family will no longer be with us anymore.  Be safe and may God bless each of you.
Susan

These are two of the booklets I have on Amazon.com for electronic reading.  Check them out!

No comments: