Monday, November 2, 2015

Is it really November 2nd. already?

Hi all,

This year has gone so very fast.  I can't believe that it's already November 2nd.  Before you know it, it will be Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then we will welcome in 2016.  The months and years just pass so quickly now that I'm older.  I think perhaps that's because once we are over sixty years of age, we realize that we're on the down slant of life.  Also by then, many of us have one kind or another health problem.  We now realize that we move a bit slower, that we don't hear as well as we used to, that our memories aren't what they used to be, and so on and so on...

If you are over sixty, you know exactly what I'm talking about, and if you are not that old yet, believe me you will know what I mean when you do reach that age.  Time goes by now faster than at any other time of my file.  When I was in my thirties and forties, I thought that after we got older, time would just drag on by. Well, I was so wrong.  Even though I live a very sedentary life style, time still flies on by.  I appreciate the gift of live so much more now than when I was younger.  I give thanks each day that I wake up to live another day.

Now that my newest novel is published, I've been working on my handmade Christmas cards.  I've decided not to make quite as many as I have in the past.  I started four cards, in a new design, over the weekend.  I only had about an hour available to work on them this morning, and during that time, I was using  a medium called "Smooch" to fill in the color on the panel which goes onto the front of the card.  I'm still not finished as of yet.

My sister, Carol, is up here in PA visiting from North Carolina.  I'm always so happy to be able to spend time with her.  She's now seventy and the trip is getting harder and harder for her to make.  I'm so happy that she does though.  I miss her, but at least I've been able to spend some time with her when she comes up about twice a year.  It's nice that I can help her with her crafting a bit.  It gives her something to occupy her time as well as, help her with some Christmas gifts which don't cost a lot of money.

Last evening, Sunday, my husband and I had dinner with my sister and my brother and his wife.  It was very nice.  I don't see my brother, Greg, or his wife, Sue, very often either.  So, I was glad that the five of us could get together for a meal and conversation.

How's the Christmas shopping coming?   What?  You haven't even started on it yet... Okay, well it's time you got started.  The sooner you start, the sooner you get finished, and that means that then you can really enjoy the Christmas season without stress.  Don't you think that's a good idea, because I do!  Don't forget that the Christmas holiday season starts with Thanksgiving and ends on New Years Day.

I do hope you all have been doing something creative, whatever that may be.  Be thankful for all God has blessed you with and don't worry about what you don't have, because most of the time, those things really don't matter anyways.  Be safe and may God bless you.
Sue


No comments: