Friday, November 20, 2015

It's the weekend again...

Good evening everyone,
How's things going in your part of the world?  It's pretty quiet here in South Central Pennsylvania and I pray it stays that way for a long time.  Well, the weekend is here once again.  What is on your calendar for the next two days?  Anything exciting?

Of course next week we will celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday.  We all have so very much to be thankful for, and yes, I mean all of us.  If you woke up in fairly good health this morning, you should be thankful; if you had a job to go to today, you should be thankful; if you have a family who loves you, enough food to fill your tummy and you can afford all the necessities, then you should be thankful.

I live every day of my life giving gratitude and acceptance to God for all the many blessings He's put in my life.  No, we aren't rich, not even close.  No, we don't live in a big fancy house or have servants who work for us.  No we do not drive new cars, not even close.  But, we are still living, we have enough food and clothing for our needs and we do have loving families.  What more would we need?  Nothing!

I give thanks every single day for all my blessings and I hope you will too.  If you do, you will find that your needs become less as every week passes.  What a wonderful way to live your life.

One of the thanks I give today is that my sister, Carol, has been here in PA for the last three or so weeks and I've gotten to spend quite a bit of time with her while she's visiting PA.  I miss not seeing her on a regular basis.  I taught her how to do hand embroidery and she's loving it.  She's hand made many of her Christmas gifts and that makes her feel good.  It makes me happy, too.  I will miss her when she leaves on Monday morning to return back to North Carolina.

Wow, can you believe that Christmas is almost here.  I've been working on Christmas gifts all year, so I'm not feeling rushed in any way.  In fact, I'm getting excited about decorating soon.  I love the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays very much.  I hope you do, too!

Have you hand made any of your Christmas gifts?  If not, why don't you try creating something hand made.  I promise you that it will make you feel good about yourself and your recipients will so enjoy the fact that you hand made their gift.  Try it, you'll see...

Whatever you're going to do this weekend, please stay safe and enjoy time with your families, too.
Susan

No comments: