Friday, January 15, 2016

How are things going with all of you?

Hi all,

How was your week?  Mine was okay although I have been under some stress fighting with my new laptop. By the way, I'm writing this post on my old laptop.  I've had enough contention for one day.  I just may have to put in a call to my tech guy and let him take it home and clean it out.  Why would they put so much on a new laptop, that you have no extra memory at all?  That just seems dumb to me...how about you?

Well yesterday and today it wasn't too cold outside, but I understand that by Monday it's only to be in the low 30's and in the teens overnight.  I'm not looking forward to those temperatures, that's for sure.  I suppose I'll be staying indoors a lot next week, not that I go anywhere most of the time.  We did have a light covering of snow earlier this week.  It was mainly on the cars and on the roof of the houses.  That was enough for me!  If it was up to me, we'd have spring and fall all year long, but I suppose that's wishful thinking on my part.

I'm still trying to find ways to "give back" for all the many blessings God has bestowed on me and my family. Of course, since I live every day with chronic congestive heart failure and a few other medical problems, my ways of doing this are few.  I'm not complaining, just simply stating a fact.

I still haven't heard anything more regarding my friend.  I don't know if she's home or in a nursing home.  I pray that someone lets me know soon.  Being ill isn't easy!  I truly know how hard it is for the ill person and also for those living in the same home.  Illness affects everyone who lives in that household.  It changes the lives of every one of them.

As I've shared before, I live every day with gratitude and acceptance; gratitude for the fact that I'm still alive and acceptance of everything in my life, including my illnesses.  Feeling sorry for oneself only complicates a person's life and everyone else who lives there.  I do know what depression is like and I know how hard it is to live with it.  It takes a strong person to fight the depression and occupy their minds and hearts with positive thoughts.  But most of all, it takes a lot of prayers and strength to let God handle your life.

My current project has been working on my hand made greeting cards.  I now have my Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, Grandson's birthdays and Mother's Day cards complete.  I'm almost done with my Father's Day cards.  I have about another half hour or forty five minutes to complete them.  I always make myself a list so I don't forget any occasions.  I won't work on any Christmas cards until later on in the year.

I've been working on my hand embroidered Christmas ornaments for Christmas 2016.  I will create one for everyone in my family, including my boys significant others.  I want to make sure everyone gets one.  I usually work on these why I watch television in the afternoon and evenings.  I like to keep my hands and mind busy.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I do hope all of you have a great weekend.  Stay safe and may God bless you.
Susan

No comments: