Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Somethings just make me very sad.

Good evening everyone,
I hope you all are doing well this Wednesday evening.  I'm okay.  I suppose you're all wondering what I may be sad about tonight.  Well, I guess my answer to that question would be how friendships change over the years.  I know that people come in and out of each of our lives, all through life.  That's just the way things are.

I was very close to a lady and her husband some years ago.  We'd speak on the telephone at least twice a week.  She was really a "shut in," but she didn't drive and she had a hard time getting around because of illness and being over weight.  I went and picked her up from time to time and we'd go someplace together. I so enjoyed her company.  She was a fun person to be around.

I guess you're wondering what changed?  Well, her husband passed away and for a while she wanted my friendship and I was very happy about that.  I still spent time with her and encouraged her to keep living.  But, as time passed, she decided that she didn't want the friendship we had, anymore.  I finally stopped trying to get in touch with her.  I was very hurt because I valued our friendship and didn't want it to end.  But it did.  That was a few years ago.  I still mail her one of my handmade Christmas cards just to let her know that I still cared about her.  Later on she moved in with her daughter and her family.

Yesterday I found out that she was in a local rehabilitation center.  Since it was fairly close to our home, I decided to go and visit her.  I wasn't sure how she'd feel about my visit.  When I got there, the nurse was preparing for my friend's sponge bath, so we talked a bit with the curtains between us.  I guess I was there for about one hour and fifteen minutes.

It was nice seeing her again, although she's having more health problems.  She said she'll try to call me from time to time.  I told her I missed her friendship.  I have my doubts that she'll call, but I truly hope she does.  I miss her friendship.

Oh, it's not the first, or will it be the last friendship that I will loose in this life.  I know that friends come and go all through your adult life, but some are harder to lose than others.  I suppose some people don't get as close to friends as I do.  I sincerely love my close friends.  Not that I have many close friends, because I don't.  I have a few long time friends and they mean the world to me.

I'm sure this has happened to many of you, especially if you are an older person and I know that it's normal for friends to come and go from our lives.  But, that doesn't mean it's not going to hurt when that happens, especially for no reason.

I hope your evening is going well and that God will keep you and your loved ones safe always.
Susan


No comments: