Sunday, January 31, 2016

Happy Sunday!

Hi folks,
How's everyone this evening?  I'm doing okay.  The snow is gradually melting here in PA, which I'm quite happy about.  We still have piles of snow on the ground, but at least, it's melting.  I hope we don't have any more heavy snows, like the one we had, this winter season.  It's not even pretty anymore, more there's so much dirt on it.

How was your weekend?  Mine was fairly uneventful.  Yesterday my husband went to visit his father for the day, so that left me to occupy myself, which I did quite fine.  I got a surprise phone call from my Grandson, saying that his Mom and Dad wanted us to meet them for dinner.  I explained to him that Grandpa wasn't home.  His Mom said they'd pick me up for dinner, since I don't drive after lunch anymore.  We went to Hoss's and had a nice meal.  It wasn't too crowded when we arrived, but it was packed as we were leaving. 

Today was a quite day for me.  I went to Mass this morning and then worked on my hand embroidered gift card/money holders for next Christmas.  I enjoy doing this kind of creating very much.  My hand-made cards are coming along well.  Most of them are complete, but I still have some all occasion ones to create yet. 

I've been asked if I'm going to start another novel soon.  Well, maybe and maybe not.  I'm not sure yet.  Perhaps I'll wait until closer to summer before I start that venture.  Writing a novel takes a lot of my time and energy, although I love doing it.

I still haven't heard anymore regarding my friend, who's in a nursing home.  At least I think she's still there.  I have some ideas that might help her, but the last I heard, she didn't want any visitors.  I emailed another friend today to see if she heard anymore about her.

My new laptop is working well, which I'm very happy about.  Electronics are not my forte, to say the least.  I'm so glad I returned the first one I purchased and they gave me a new one.  The hard drive was 'fried'.  I'm getting a bit more familiar with Windows 10 now, thank goodness. 

What have you been doing that qualifies as 'creative'?  Oh come on, I know you have some creativity within you.  Perhaps you just don't realize that what you all like to do, is classified as being creative.   Preparing a meal on a limited budget is being creative; working a full time job while raising children takes creativity.  Think about it!

I hope the remainder of your weekend holds some fun for you.  Relax and read a book, or watch your favorite television show.  Stay safe and may God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: