Monday, January 11, 2016

I have absolutely no patience!

Hi all,

Well, here we are close to the end of another Monday, and the start of another week.  As far as my title goes, I have to admit that I've never had much patience, that is as an adult.  I truly can't remember if I did or not as a child.  But, being honest, I have none at this stage in my life.  You may ask yourself , "What has Sue frustrated this fine evening?"

Well, the answer is very simple:  I bought a new laptop and I am currently doing this evenings post on my old laptop.  I suppose you can figure out why that is!  I've been working on the new one an hour or so, two or three times during the course of the day, but if I have something I want to accomplish, in a short space of time, I will continue using my old laptop.

My husband asked me why I'm not using my new device and my answer was this:  It may take me a month or more before I will have the new one figured out enough not to get annoyed with it.  First of all, it has Windows 10 on it and I'm not liking it one bit.  I did manage to download one or two applications to it but that took me so long.

As I've mentioned before, you can give me any creative project to do and I'll have no problem with it, but give me an electronic device and I get so frustrated, so fast.  I guess we can't be good at everything, but why does it have to be so difficult?    I'm just saying...

Now that both the Christmas Holidays and the New Year Holiday is behind us, things have seemed to get back into routine, at least in our home.  I'm glad.  I have to admit that I am a creature of habit.  I work better doing things that I'm used to doing.  I have a schedule for my duties, such as doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc.  I always have had the same schedule for many years now,  I suppose for most of my adult life. I like it that way and no-one is going to change me at this age in my life.

In many ways I take after my Mom, but in others, I take after my Dad.  I have to say that makes me very happy.  Just knowing that I have a part of both my Mom and my Dad in me, makes me smile.  They were both such great parents that I'm proud to be like the both of them.  How about you?  Do you find  you are most like your Mom or your Dad, or are you like the both of them, too?

A few days ago, I wrote my blog about a friend of mine with whom I lost contact.  Well, since that blog, I learned that she will have to go into a nursing home to live.  She's having a very hard time accepting this decision and I feel so bad for her.  I do know that life is only as good as we make it.  If we fight the changes that have to occur in our lives, then our quality of life will not be good.  It's just the same as when we accept the depression that occurs with changes in our lives, making us sad and upset.  We need to accept the way our lives are and make the decision to go on the best we can.  At least if one is in a senior center or a nursing home, that person is surrounded by older folks, just like them.  There are always many other people who are in worse situations then we are, at any time during our lives.

I will continue praying for my friend because I still consider her my friend and I always will.  I hope your troubles are small and easily solved.  Be safe and may God bless each one of you.
Susan
PS:  I love taking photos of the sky as the sun rises and as it sets.  It is so beautiful, don't you think so?

No comments: