Sunday, April 10, 2016

Happy Sunday, folks!

Hi everyone,
How's your Sunday going?  Of course you all know that Sunday is God's day and supposed to be a day of rest for us, allowing us plenty of time to give thanks to God today.  As you will remember, one of our Ten Commandments is:  Keep holy the Lord's Day!  I try to do that and I'm sure you do, as well.

Suppose I asked you, "What do you give thanks for?"  What would you're answers be?  I am sure there are a lot of people out there who would answer that question this way, "My life's a wreck.  I don't have anything to be thankful for now."  I hope that would not be your answer.

If you may need a reminder, here are a few:  I have a job, it may not be a great paying job but it is a job;   I have food to eat! Maybe not choice cuts of meat, but it fills me up;  I have enough money to pay my bills.  Maybe not the full amounts, but it keeps the utilities turned on;  I woke up this morning.
Yeah, I have a few aches and pains, but I'm still living;  I have a family who loves me, even if it's only one or two people. Having one person in your life who loves you is a blessing;  God loves me.  Even though I am a sinner, He always forgives me if I am sorry for my sins; I have enough warm clothes to wear to keep me warm.  No, they're not new but I don't care because they are mine.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea.  We have all been extremely blessed.  No we don't have everything we want, but most of us have everything we need.  The people who always want more (more money, bigger homes, newer cars, new clothes, etc.) are usually very sad and lonely people.  Happiness doesn't come from exterior things (cars, homes, lots of money, etc.) it comes from inside of you. 

If you truly believe that happiness comes from the inside, then you will find yourself very happy with just what you have.  You will be thankful for everything you do have and for everything you don't have.  Money will not make you a happy person.  Oh, it helps to pay the bills, but you can not purchase true happiness, not in any form. 

I hope you have a great Sunday and remember to take a little time to thank God for all your blessings.  Be safe always.
Susan






No comments: