Monday, April 25, 2016

Well, it's over!

Hi friends,

What my title refers to is your first day of work for the week.  Of course, since I no longer can work, Monday is one of my wash days.  So, that's over for me until later on in the week. 

The temperature reached up into the high 70's here in South Central Pa. today, but I sat here this afternoon with a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt on top of that.  It stays cool on our first floor at this time of the year.  By the time we have to turn on the air conditioner, the first floor will be kind of warm.  But, I'm not at all anxious to turn the air on!  It used to be we didn't have to do that until some time in June, but the last few years, we've had to use the air much sooner.

I worked on my writing project today for a little while.  I'm entering a writing contest soon and I need to finish the short story so I can do that.  I have about one thousand more words that I can use, so it won't take me long to finish.  I'll have to do rewrites then and editing, but that shouldn't take too long either.  It feels good to be writing once again. 

I've decided to write another novel when I'm finished this contest entry.  I'm pretty sure it will be another cold case novel.  I so enjoyed writing the last one.  If you are interested in reading  it electronically, you can go to www.amazon.com and enter the title into the search block.  It's called "Prolonged Uncertainties."  You can also check it out here, on my blog.  Just go to the titles on the top of my blog, and click on the title of the book.

Have you done anything creative lately?  I hope so.  Did you know that we all have some creative abilities inside of us.  Most folks just don't develop them or else they don't see that what they do is creative.  Woman who have to prepare meals on a limited budget often get very creative with their cooking.  Men, also, sometimes do creative things:  yard work and flower beds.

I'm not looking forward to a hot and humid summer.  It will mean that I will be inside all most all summer in the air conditioning.  I'm not complaining about that.  I'm just grateful that we have central air conditioning and that I love being home.  How about you?  Maybe you enjoy the heat and humidity.  I used to when I was much younger, but since becoming ill, I can't breathe when I'm out in it.  But, I'm thankful that I'm still living.

I hope your week goes well for you.  God bless you and keep you all safe.
Susan

No comments: