Friday, April 15, 2016

Hello, Friday!

Hi folks,

How's everyone doing today?  I'm good.  It's a nice day here in South Central Pennsylvania.  The high today is to be in the mid sixties.  That's good in my book.  If it wasn't, there's nothing I can do about it anyways.

What's been going on in your lives?  Anything interesting?  Anything creative?  As for me, I've been in a bit of a "slump" you might say.  What I mean is that I can't decide what creative project I want to start on next.  I'd like to write, but what? 

A few days ago I asked God to help me to choose a writing project or something creative to do.  Well, God does work in mysterious way, you know!  I got a message from my oldest daughter to check out a writing contest, which comes from a Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, publishing company.  So, I did look into it, and I am going to enter the contest.  I may not win any of the top awards, but at least I'll be writing once again.  Perhaps I'll use this short story line for my next new full length novel. 

I really enjoyed writing my last manuscript.  I suppose that's because I stepped "out of the box" on that one.  I was a little uneasy, at first, but I soon got over that.  So, I'm thinking that this summer will be the start of another novel for me.  So, thank you, Lord, for giving me that little nudge.

I visited with my friend, who's in a nursing home, this morning.  She's doing a little bit better.  At least she's not just laying in bed, feeling sorry for herself.  That makes me very happy.  We spent about two hours just talking and I took my booklet, "My Soothing Poems from the Heart" along with me, and read some of them to her.  She seemed to enjoy them.  I just want her to know that she has a friend who cares about her.  She's not alone!

(If you want to check out the booklet of my poems, you can do so by clicking on the title her on my blog.  All 18 of my novels, (both for adults and children) plus my booklets, are available at www.amazon.com.)

What's on your schedule for this weekend?  Anything interesting or creative?  This is the time of year when folks start working on their flower beds and gardens, and you can be very creative with them.  It seems like the weekend weather is to be fairly nice, so do something out of doors.  This time of year, it's warmer outside many times, than inside.  Whatever you do, have a great weekend and may God keep you and your family safe, always.



 I love these white-puffy clouds.  They're so beautiful.
Susan

No comments: