Sunday, July 17, 2016

Happy Sunday!

Hi everyone,

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday and that you remember that Sunday is the Lord's Day.  It's very important that all of us make time for God today.  Either by attending your Church's Sunday service or reading your bibles, or reading from your prayer books.  Perhaps you pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet or the Rosary, or something else within your own religion.  The important thing is to give praise to God on His day!

As for me, I am no longer able to go into my parish church, because for some reason, after I'm there for about fifteen minutes, I get light headed and feel like I'm about to pass out.  I've tried other Catholic churches and it's the same there.  I don't know if it's the lack of oxygen from so many people having been in before me or if it's the incense.

For a long time now, I've been participating in the Sunday Mass that's broadcast on EWTN, which is the Eternal Word Television Network.  It's a Catholic station I get on Comcast channel 15.  The Mass is generally on at 8:00 am and then again at 12:00 noon. 

I few months ago, I found another venue for the Sunday Mass.  That is www.heartofthenation.org.  It is a Catholic web site that has the Sunday Mass online.  They even offer you a free booklet so that you can recite the current prayers with them.  It also comes from a very small Chapel, as does the Mass on EWTN. 

If we're not at home on a Sunday, I used to not be able to attend Mass, but I'm so happy that now no matter where I am, I can still celebrate Mass.  Of course, you will need an electronic device which has internet service to do this.

I just wanted to share this information with anyone else who is a Catholic and wishes they could celebrate the Mass on Sundays, if they're unable to go to a church.  It's such a comfort to me to know that I can still attend Mass and worship God, just as I used to do before becoming ill.  I always make a Spiritual Communion during that time in the Mass and every once and a while, I am brought communion. 

I know there are many shut-ins out there.  I just wanted everyone to know that there are worship services available on Sundays.  If you know a Catholic who can no longer physically attend Mass, please let them know about these two venues.  Being old or ill, doesn't stop your desire to worship God in the way you've done all your life.  Even if you're not a Catholic, I'm sure you'll get great blessings from these services. 

Have a blessed and a holy Lord's Day.  Be safe and may God bless each of you, no matter what religion you are.  God loves each of us.
Susan

No comments: