Sunday, July 31, 2016

Happy Sunday!

Hi everyone,

I hope your Sunday is going well and I hope you're ready to say goodbye to July.  I find it hard to believe that tomorrow is August 1st.  I have to admit that I won't be sorry to see the hot and humid weather of this summer, leave us for some autumn weather.  I haven't been able to be outside very much during the month of July.  June wasn't too bad, but July was terrible. 

Because of my Chronic Congestive Heart Failure and other heart issues, when I'm out during humid weather, my chest feels like there's a ton of bricks pressing down on it and I can't breathe.  So, consequently, I remain indoors on most summer days.  I'm not complaining though, I'm so thankful that I'm still living.  If that means staying inside during the summer, then so be it.

What's been happening in your life?  I hope only good things, but I know that usually isn't the case.  We really have to accept the troubling times, as well as, the good things.  Those bad things help us to appreciate it when things go our way.  I try very hard to take one day at a time, accepting whatever happens to me each day. 

I know that God has a plan for each of us, but it will only be revealed in His time, not ours.  Most things happen for a reason, although we don't know what that reason is at that time.  God does work in mysterious ways.  I grew up hearing the quote:  "When one door closes, another one opens for us."  I believe this with all my heart and soul.  The problem arises when we think we know what should be behind that new door.  It's not up to us!  It's up to God!  This world needs to put their trust in God, not in worldly things.

I detest all the hatred and killings that are taking place in this world we all live in today.  What we need to do is pray, love one another and stop blaming everyone else for our bad choices.  I truly believe that a lot of this behavior falls on the shoulders of the parents.  Too many parents today are afraid to discipline their children the way they need to do.  I understand that parents are instructed by counselors to try to reason with their children when they back talk them, shout and scream at their parents, when they do whatever they want regardless what the parent says.  What is happening in this world today.  I see nothing wrong with strong discipline for children starting when they are toddlers. 

That's the way I raised my three daughters and they're strong, wonderful Moms.  They raised their sons the same way and I pray that my Grandsons will raise their children just the same.  Too many children are rude and disrespectful to their parents and to everyone.  I'm sorry but that's just wrong.  I can remember, since I was a young child, being taught that you always respect your elders.  That starts with your parents and grandparents and carries on from there.

What is the answer to our problems?  I truly don't know, but I'm thankful that I'm not raising young children today.  I truly fear for this world in the future generations.  We all need to pray for each other, it's the best thing we can do for one another.

I hope you have a good Monday, tomorrow.  Be safe and may God bless you and your families.
Susan

No comments: