Saturday, July 9, 2016

Is it fall yet?

Hi everyone,

Well, the temperature has been up in the low 90's a few days this week and the humidity has been extremely high yesterday and today.  If you haven't figured it out yet, I am not liking this type of weather.  I can not be outside in weather like this because of my chronic congestive heart failure and I hate feeling stuck in the house all the time.  I am so grateful that we have central air-conditioning because I need the air all summer.

I can remember when I could go out in this weather.  I loved going to the swimming pool or to Laurel Lake.  Most of the time I'd sit in the sun and visit with family or friends.  But, as much as I hate to say this, all that time in the sun, took it's toll on me.  I've had numerous carcinomas  removed from my face and neck areas.  I was born a blue eyed, blond and the sun wasn't good for me. 

I remember, as a child, whenever we'd go to Laurel Lake for the day, my Mom would put  sun tan lotion on me and also she'd make me wear a t-shirt over my swimming suit.  I used to burn so quickly and I recall that on our drive home, my skin would be burning and hurting me. 

You'd think that having those memories, as a child, that as an adult, I'd stay out of the sun.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  That is, until about ten years ago.  I guess we all have to learn the hard way, in some things anyway.  I'm 68 years old and I'm still learning things, but I'm happy to say, that most of those things I don't learn the hard way.

What have you all been up to lately?  I do hope you're doing something creative, anything at all that's creative, is good.  Maybe you ladies have made a new, fancy, tasty dessert for your family.  That's being creative and it tastes good, too. 

My husband is making me a shelf that will fit above our new gas kitchen range.  This one doesn't go back against the wall, the way the other one did, and it is a bit rounded on the top, in the back.  I'm used to setting salt and pepper shakers on the back of the stove and now I can't.  I thought he forgot about making a shelf, but he surprised me today when he headed into the basement and made one.  He's now waiting for the paint to dry.  See, he was being creative today also.

I'm currently working on another manuscript, but it seems to be going slow for me.  I'm not sure why.  I just seem to be getting tired so much lately.  I suppose it's partly my health and partly my age.  I guess I'm an old lady now.  No, that doesn't really bother me at all!

Tomorrow is Sunday, the Lord's Day.  So, whatever you have planned for tomorrow, I do hope that you will take some time for God in your day.  Have a great Sunday and may God bless each of you.
Susan

God's beautiful sunset.

No comments: