Friday, August 19, 2016

Have a great weekend.

Hi folks,
Well, here we are with Friday, once again.  I'm sure most of you are shouting, "Hurrah". because that means no work tomorrow or Sunday.  As for me, whether it's a Monday, Wednesday or a Saturday, doesn't really matter anymore.  I suppose that happens when you're retired, or in my case, disabled.  I'm not complaining though.  I'm just happy that I'm still living.  How about You? 

Are you thankful, on a daily basis, for the gift of life?  If not, you should be.  On of the most frightening things about life, is that it all can change in a short period of time.  Trust me, this is very true.  So, give thanks for all your many blessings now, and pray for God's guidance for you future.  It could all end tomorrow or the next day!

Well, I suppose most of the kiddos go back to school next week.  Perhaps some have already returned to school.  This summer has just flown by so quickly.  Of course, I will not be sad to see the weather we've been having lately come to an end.  It's very depressing for me.  I came home from visiting my friend, who's in the nursing home, this morning, and my neighbor came outside to converse for a little.  After about eight to ten minutes, I could feel my chest tightening up from the humidity.  It surprised me, because it's not as humid today as it has been.  So, I cut our conversation short and came indoors where I began to feel better again. 

My daughter is getting ready to take her only son, (he's an only child) to college, up in New York City, FIT, tomorrow.  He's happy and can't wait to get there and thinks she worries about too much.  She's a nervous wreck because they leave tomorrow and he is not ready yet.  I have to say that she's like me in respect to having her 'ducks in a row' before needed.  That's a thing with organized people like me. 

I know she's going to be worrying herself sick for the first few months he's gone and that he won't understand why, although I do.  She's very proud of him and being worried about your kids is a part of being a parent.  My next youngest grandson will be heading to George Mason University for his second year there.  But, this year he is taking his car and that's worrying my oldest daughter.  Her middle son is finishing up his 4th year at Millersville University this year.  She worries about him but not as much as the youngest son.  You know, the baby of the family is always worried about a bit more because they are your baby!  (I'm not really sure that's true because I think I worried about all three of my daughters, equally.)

Well, have a great weekend and try to spend some time with your children.  They grow up so quickly and before you know it, they're adults and out on their own.  They will always need you, to some extent, but just not in the same way as when they're young.

Well, in another month, I need to start creating this year's Christmas Greeting Cards.  I will need to make about 65-70, so I need to start early.  I love creating home made cards of all types.  I hope it's the personal touch that let's folks know that we care about them.  Do you buy your cards, or have you ever attempted to create your own? 

Whatever you're doing this weekend, be safe.  May God bless every one of you.
Susan

No comments: