Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Hi Folks.

How's every one's week going thus far?  I hope your answer is 'okay.'  It's not so hot and humid here today, but it's also very overcast.  How's the weather where you are?

I've been trying to get time to work on my newest manuscript.  It's called, "Returning Home."  I'm on page 102.  For some reason, I just don't seem to have the time available to work on it very often.  Don't ask me what I'm doing because it doesn't seem like I'm do much of anything.  Maybe this week I will have some spare time to get back on track with it.  I truly do love writing!

Well, my big news is that we have finally sold our camping trailer (35' Coachman) and are no longer members of the campground.  We were permanent campers for twenty-two years and I don't regret a day that we spent there. With my illness, it really hasn't been so much fun for me the past ten years.  I was spending so much time inside, by myself, because of the heat and humidity.  I will miss seeing some of the friends we had there, but I'm ready to stay home on the weekends and enjoy my home.

How's your summer going?  I'm sure you think it's going fast, just as I do.  I can't believe that we're already close to the middle of August.  In about two weeks, the kids will be heading back to school.  My Grandsons (3 of them) will be heading off to college.  One will be a Senior this year, one will be a Sophomore and one will be a Freshman.  They all attend different colleges. 

My Grandsons have all grown up now.  It seems impossible!  Where did the time go to?  I can remember when they were little and I spent time doing crafts with them; or when I held them on my lap and read story books to them; or when they shared their excitement with me about starting high school!  My youngest is now 19 years old and they range from 19 to 25.  I have six Grandsons and I'm so proud of each one of them.  You know, there is a little part of me in each of them and I'm so happy about that.  Life does move by so quickly.

Have you been doing anything creative?  I certainly hope so, although I'm sure most of you have jobs and families to come home to after work.  It's important, though, to make time for yourself at some point during each day, even if it's only a half hour.  Doing something creative helps to improve your self esteem and gives you the spirit to continue on in life. 

One thing I learned is that you are never too old to discover how to do something new, just for the fun of it.  If there is something that you've always wished you had taken courses in, when you were young, but didn't, do it now!  You are never too old to follow your dreams.  If I can write novels, at age 68, then you certainly can, also.  There are so many on-line courses, in all different subjects, that you can sign up to take.  Just take that first step, which is to figure out what you've always wanted to learn to do.  Then take the second step and find a course that will work for you and sign up.  Third, you get started and enjoy yourself.  Fourth step:  Find the time and just do it!

It's not about making money from it; it's about doing what you love and feeling good about yourself.  I do not believe that a person is ever too old to do something new.  I'm still learning new things every day, and I'm sixty eight years old; and don't forget that I am chronically ill.  So, if I can do it, so can you.  Just take that first step, today!  Good luck.

Have a great week and be safe always.  Remember that God loves us all and He sees everything that is in our hearts.  So, make your heart pure.
Susan

No comments: