Monday, October 10, 2016

Happy Monday!

Hi everyone,

How was your weekend?  I hope you all had a pleasant couple of days off of work.  I surely hope that the rain is out of here for a while now.  It's nice to see the sun shinning once again, at least for most of the day.

I've been listening to the news lately regarding the storm that swept up the Eastern coast of the United States.  The devastation is truly horrible.  The fact that over 800 people died in Haiti is heart breaking.  I understand that over 20 people died from North Carolina, also.  They are expecting more damage in NC as the week progresses.  Most of the rivers and streams are to overflow between now and the end of the week. 

I know there was also damage done in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and elsewhere along the Eastern coast before the storm turned out to sea.  I feel so bad for all the folks who were in the storms path. 

Has any of you wondered what is happening here in the United States, with our weather conditions during the last two years or so?  Well, I have.  I truly believe that God wants us to know that things, here in the United States, and throughout the world, have to change.  I can truly say that I am very worried about this land I live in.  Aren't you? 

I don't fear so much for myself, as I am older and will probably not live too many years into the future, but I do worry about my family and all my extended family members.  Especially the younger generations to come. 

There have been so many wonderful things that have happened during the last twenty five years, but I fear the bad things outweigh the good ones.  I am so thankful for modern medicine and all the advances that have been made during that time.  Doctors are saving lives because of these advances in the medical profession.  Hopefully these things will continue saving lives in the years to come.

I hope you will put your trust and faith in God, as I do, so our children and grandchildren have a good place in which to grow up, just as we did.  I realize that things were very different back in the fifties and sixties, when I grew up, but things were much simpler then.  I'm not saying that all the inventions and changes in our lives were bad, not by any means.  Back then, the only electronics we had was a transistor radio, and we didn't get those until we were in our teens.  It saddens me to see everyone walking around with their phones to their ears or texting.  There doesn't seem to be any direct communication anymore. 

Can you remember how good you felt when someone mailed you a greeting card, or wrote you a letter?  Very few folks do either of those anymore.  Personally, I think that's quite sad.

One last thought:  I'm finished proofing my newest manuscript and today I completed the front cover for it.  Yeah, I'm smiling!  I'm anxious to eventually see it in print.

I hope your week goes well and that you take some time for yourself just to do something creative.  It will surely lift your spirits. 
Susan


Here's a beautiful sunset photo.

No comments: