Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Is God in your life?

Good evening everyone,

Yesterday I submitted my newest manuscript and front and back covers for publication.  I'm excited to see the finished novel when it comes.  It's been a year since I published my last novel.  No, I'm not a famous writer, in fact, I'm not well known for anything in particular.  I write because God gave me this ability and a love of books, reading and writing.  I don't make any money off my books, in fact, I sell them at a little below my cost.  The money isn't important to me.  What is important, is my love of writing.  It's just one way that I can give back to God for all His many, many blessings. 

You see, He bestowed this creative ability upon me and for that, I am so very thankful every day of my life.  If I didn't have the ability to do creative things while sitting on the couch with my feet up, I would probably be in a deep depression.  Being chronically ill isn't easy, but since God chose to let me live almost eleven years ago, when I was very close to death, I thank Him with all my heart. 

Since mornings aren't too bad for me, I do my handmade greeting cards during the morning hours.  Well, for about an hour and a half or so.  By that time, my back is aching me so much that I need to get my feet up and a cushion behind my back.  I'm not complaining about any of my health issues.  I'm just so thankful for my life, however I have to live it.

So, to answer my own question about God, yes, He definitely is in every hour of every day of my life.  I am alive because He still had other plans for me.  I can't begin to tell you how very grateful to Him I am for this gift of life and for all my creative abilities.  So what if I need to do them while on the sofa with my feet up.  Where there's a will, there's a way!  I have a strong will to do what I am doing. 

I've hand crocheted nineteen afghans as Christmas gifts this year.  I've also already crochet about 25 scarves and taken them to a local nursing home.  I'm now making about 25 more for another nursing home.  The people I've given them to don't know me and I don't need them to know who I am.  I have a very intense need to give back for all my blessings.  This is just one way  that I can do this. 

So, I'm reaching out to all of you, to do something nice for someone else that has no payback.  We all need to be thankful for what we have in this life and that we're still alive and breathing.  Unfortunately, way too many folks today, have a sense of entitlement.  In all honesty, we are not entitled to anything.  We need to earn things for ourselves, starting with the respect of other people.  We do that by showing kindness and concern to them.  We should expect nothing in return!  Remember that Jesus was crucified, hung on a cross and died to save us.  I'm not saying that anyone needs to even come close to doing that, just be a kind and loving person, expecting nothing in return for your good deeds. 

I know there are many, many good and kind people in this world, but we usually don't hear about them in the news.  All we do hear about is the corruption, violence and death that occurs, usually for no good reason at all.  So much of it is out of hatred for someone else.  We don't have the right to take another human being's life.  Only God has that right and He's more than happy to grant us His mercy and blessings. 

I do hope that you'll consider some of my words.  Perhaps you will find something you too can do to help someone else, just out of the goodness of your heart.  I do hope so.

Have a great evening and a good day tomorrow and everyday.
Susan









No comments: