Friday, October 28, 2016

The weekend is here!

Hi everyone,

I'm sure that many of you are very happy that the weekend is upon us.  I understand from the weather report for York, Pa., that tomorrow's temperature is to be up in the low 70's.  That's just for one day, but at least it's on a Saturday so everyone can, hopefully, get outside to enjoy it.  I'm sure there won't be many more days like that this year and that's okay with me.  I'm ready for a bit cooler weather, not freezing, but just in the low to mid 60's.

Can you believe that Christmas is in less than two months.  As for me, I can't wait!  I love the Thanksgiving and Christmas Seasons.  I think that most people are a bit happier during that time of the year.  At least I hope that's true! 

I think that the folks who don't look forward to the Holidays, could feel that way because they don't start planning for Christmas until the last minute, whether it's a money issue or not.  First of all, the true meaning of Christmas isn't about how much money you spend.  It's about the birth of Jesus Christ.  Yes, we do give gifts in my family, but I don't put the focus on the gifts. 

We invite family to share Christmas Eve with us.  We also share Christmas Eve supper with them.  As for the gifts, I make a lot of the things we give as gifts.  As for the things I purchase and the things I hand make, I start in January.  The reason for doing this, is that you are not so rushed, frustrated, or tired like when you wait until the last minute. 

Just imagine being completely ready, except for last minute food preparation, two weeks before Christmas  arrives.  Now, you can actually enjoy your family throughout the holiday season.  Wouldn't that be a better solution than rushing around and being irritated at the last minute?  Why don't you try it starting this January. 

This week was an exciting week for me, as my newly published novel, "Returning Home," arrived at my home.  It's always exciting for me to see the actual book and to hold it in my hands.  I use DiggyPod for my publishing and I think they do a wonderful job.  It is now also available for electronic reading at:  www.amazon.com.  Just put my full name into the search block and all of my novels and booklets will come up for your perusal.

I wish you all a good weekend.  Stay safe and have fun.
Susan

*** Here's a photo of my novel:



No comments: