Saturday, October 15, 2016

What's Up?

Hello everyone,

I hope your Saturday is going well.  And, if not, perhaps your Sunday will be a better day.  Mine is going just fine.  I haven't done anything special today.  My husband took me to the craft store this morning so I could purchase some more yarn.  I've already made approximately 25 or so scarves and handed them out at a local Senior Center.  I decided that I'd make some more because the way those folks reacted to this very simple gift was very touching to me. 

I've been thinking about how very little personal things the people in nursing homes really have.  My friend as all of her belongings in 4 small drawers, a small closet and a night stand.  When I stop and think about all my personal belongings that I have in my home, it makes me very sad to think about how different our lives are. 

As I handed the scarves out, some of the ladies were asking me if I had one to match their top or sweat shirt.  I did my best to accommodate each of them.  I thought that after I have completed another twenty-five or so scarves, I'd wrap them in tissue paper and add a Christmas card to each.  Then I'll deliver them to a nursing home before Christmas. I hope it will bring a smile to someone elses face. 

Have you ever wondered what you can do to make someone else's life better or perhaps just give them something to smile about.  I have been blessed over and over again.  I may not be rich or have a big mansion, or a fancy car, or loads of money, but I have everything I need to live each day.  All those things are just unimportant to me.  I have a family that I love very much and am so proud of each of them; I have an wonderful extended family and some friends.  What more do I need?  I have enough food to eat, and enough money to pay our bills, and clothes to keep me warm in the coming winter.  Mostly, I have a God who watches over me and my family and loves us unconditionally. 

If a person has all those things, what more do they need?  I can't think of one thing more I need.  Being alive is the greatest gift God has bestowed on me.  I am so thankful for this gift.  How about you?  Do you give thinks for all the small things in your life? 

Well, I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and I also hope you will give praise to God tomorrow for all your blessings.  Be safe always.
Susan

No comments: