Wednesday, April 11, 2018

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy

Hi everyone,

As I promised yesterday, I am posting the Chaplet so that everyone can pray it daily.  To keep track of it, we, Catholics use the Rosary to guide us as we pray.  But, if you don't have a rosary, you can use your fingers, or whatever else is available to you. 

You start by taking the Cross and saying:  In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy.  We then say the Our Father, the Hail Mary and the Apostles Creed. 

We next pray the following: Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood. Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.   This same verse is said between each decade of the rosary.  (Each decade has ten beads)

Starting the first decade and each one to follow, we pray the following: For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.  (This gets prayed on each of the ten beads within each decade,)

On each in between bead, there are four of them, this verse will be prayed.  On all fifty of the decades, we pray the first verse. 

When we finish with the last ten prayers, we say the following:  Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.  We repeat this verse three times.


Image result for photos of rosaryHere is a photo of what our rosary looks like.  Perhaps it will help you to understand the above information.

Here are some of the promises that Jesus made to Saint Faustina about the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
    
- Encourage souls to say the chaplet which I have given you.  Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death.  When they say this chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between my Father and the dying person, not as the just Judge, but as the Merciful Savior. 

  - My heart overflows with great mercy for souls, and especially for poor sinners...  It is for them that the Blood and Water flowed from My Heart as from a fount overflowing with mercy.  For them I dwell in the tabernacle as King of Mercy.

  - Souls that make an appeal to My mercy delight Me, to such souls I grant even more graces than they ask.  I cannot punish even the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to My compassion.  Beg for mercy for the whole world.  No soul that has called upon My mercy has ever been disappointed.

  - I have opened My Heart as a living fountain of mercy.  Let all souls draw life from it.  Let them approach this sea of mercy with great trust.  On the cross, the fountain of My mercy was opened wide by the lance for all souls, no one have I excluded.  I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of mercy.  That vessel is this image with the signature:  "Jesus, I trust in You."  The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is... trust!  The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive.

As I have shared with you all before, Divine Mercy has changed my life.  I started living every day praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and living each day with Gratitude and Acceptance.  The gratitude includes my illness as well.  This inner peace and contentment is what I would like everyone else to experience.

A few weeks ago, I was upset about something that happened.  I was emotional and a bit worried.  That afternoon as I prayed the Chaplet, God brought peace, once again, into my body and soul.  I can testify to all of you how strong this Chaplet is.

I ask God's blessings on each of you, now and always.  I hope and pray that you will find your peace and contentment within this Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
Susan


No comments: