Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Hour of Great Mercy.

Do you know what the "hour of great Mercy is?"   Jesus asked Saint Faustina for special meditation on His Passion each afternoon at the three o'clock hour, which is the hour that recalls His death on the Cross.

From St. Faustina's diary:  "At three o'clock, implore My mercy, especially for sinners; and if only for a brief moment, immerse yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony.  This is the hour of great mercy...  In this hour I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion.

As often as you hear the clock strike the third hour, immerse yourself completely in My mercy, adoring and glorifying it;  invoke its omnipotence for the whole world and particularly for poor sinners; for at the moment, mercy was opened wide for every soul.  In this hour you can obtain everything for yourself and for others for the asking; it was the hour of grace for the whole world...mercy triumphed over justice...

If you didn't have the opportunity to see the gathering in Stockbridge, Mass. on Sunday, you missed a moving sight, plus the adoration of the Mass followed by the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  They said that they'd had over seventy thousand pilgrims arrive over the weekend.  They refer to them as pilgrims because many folks come from other countries and well as in the USA. 

Both my husband and I watched the celebration from noon time until 3:35pm.  As the camera panned the large group of spectators, we noticed that everyone had a hat on, and I don't mean a ball cap.  Many also had blankets wrapped around themselves as they sat in their chairs.  Then, during the celebration, it started snowing.  The temperature was in the low to mid thirties there. 

There is no way I could have sat outside to witness this in person.  Because of my illness, I get a chill every time I get up from my sofa to do something.  But, I am so grateful that I got to witness the celebration from my home.  It means so much to me. 

I do pray the Chaplet every day during the three o'clock hour.  It is one of the most important times of my day.  Perhaps you'd like to start praying it too?  If so, tomorrow I will post the directions on a new blog just for you.

Be safe and may God bless each of you, always.
Susan

No comments: