Sunday, August 11, 2013

Good old Monday is right around the corner!

Hi all,

Just a few more hours and we'll be closing down yet another weekend.  They do go by so fast, don't you think?  Well, what have you been doing this weekend?  As for me, I usually don't do much on the weekends, especially anything classified as work.  But, this weekend I did.  I decided to get a little head start on this weeks cleaning., so I have half of my upstairs done.  Tomorrow I'll do laundry and finish up with the upstairs cleaning. 

I don't know about any of you, especially anyone in my age bracket, but I really don't fuss much with the cleaning anymore.  Actually the house doesn't get very dirty since it's just the two of us.  Well, it does get a bit more dusty during the winter months when the furnace is running, but there's very little dust with the air conditioner running.  Hurrah!  Cleaning is NOT one of my favorite things to do, even though I do have a Roomba, which I truly love.

This weekend, I spent a fair amount of time working on writing my novel.  I'm already up to about 280 pages and it's not quite half way finished yet.  This train trip is a very long one and a truly interesting one, to say the least.  I spent a lot of time yesterday, just working out all the details for the mystery, which I've incorporated into the story line.  Of course, that means more research and more notes to be typed up.  Yesterday when I was writing the mystery plot from start to finish, my husband said that he didn't know that I hand wrote the story before typing.  I told him I don't!  I was just making notes my hand so I could type up the plot for the mystery.  Since the mystery goes along throughout alot of the story line, it's too hard going back and constantly trying to see what and where I left off.  So, obviously, it's a heck of a lot easier to have it all planned out ahead of time. 

There is just so much more about writing a novel than I could have ever thought.  Sometimes I'm sorry that I didn't go on to college after high school, like my folks wanted me to.  I choose, instead, to get married.  I wouldn't ever change those facts, because I would never have wanted to do anything other than having my three daughters.  My daughters are my greatest accomplishment of my life, followed closely by my Grandsons, all six of them.  Of course, I'm also very proud of my Sons-in-law.

Now, my husband is in a class all of his own.  He is my second husband and the love of my life.  He is a terrific spouse and a wonderful provider.  Since I have gotten sick, back in 2006, he has stood by my side, trying to take care of me as much as he can.  He runs errands for me and is always willing to do take-out, or go and pick up our dinner, if I'm especially tired.  He just truly makes my life so much easier, always.  Now you know why I love him so much.  Oh, he's also quite a good looking oldster.

I hope you all make the best of the last few hours of your weekend.  I know everyone pretty much hates the thought of returning to work on Monday mornings, but there's a lot of good in that, also.  After all, it pays the bills and takes care of food for your stomachs.  Actually, I believe that some repetition (like going to work five days a week) is good for us.  I guess that's why I'm such a creature of habit. 

Take care and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: