Sunday, August 25, 2013

What's in Your Future?


Hi all,

As every weekend goes, this one is soon coming to an end, too!  All in all, it was a nice weekend weather wise.  I really wasn't outside that much, but when I was, it wasn't too hot or too humid.  My husband played at a golf tournament yesterday afternoon and he said it got a bit hot out on the course, especially when they were out in the direct sun, but it wasn't too bad.  He had a great time and it was for a defined charity.  Apparently they made a good bit of money for this charity, so that's good.  I'm glad he had fun and enjoyed the afternoon and early evening.  One of my daughters volunteered, with her friend, who helped organize the event.  She said she had a good time and they raised some money on the hole they were assigned.  All in all, it sounds like the charitable event was a success.

As for me, I made a trip to the craft store yesterday.  I was hoping that they would have some Christmas supplies available to card making, but I really didn't find any.  Apparently I found some things of interest, because I spent $58. while there.  I was stocking up on a few supplies, which I use a lot of, in making my hand made Christmas greeting cards.  It was good to get out of the house for a little bit.  During the afternoon, I worked on my current novel for about an hour and one half.  It's moving along nicely and I'm very excited about this one.  Not that I wasn't excited about the others, but I've added a bit of paranormal in this one.  I'm already on page 353, so I'm sure I'll go over 400 pages.  The book is called, "Train-Trekking" With a Capital "T".  Their trip, itself, will take 25 days.  So, I knew in the beginning, that this book would be longer.  I've set a goal for myself.   I'm hoping to have it completed by the end of the year, but I'm not putting any pressure on myself.  If it's not complete by the end of the year, then early next year will be fine for me.

How about you?  What exciting event or prospects are you looking forward to in the future?  Oh, come on, I know you have something you must be looking forward to doing.  Of course, Christmas isn't that very far away now.  The children are now back in school and in just a bit over a week, it will be Labor Day.  Then, the summer will be officially over for most folks.  I can't say I'm sad to see the summer coming to an end.  We've had our share of heat and humidity this year and I'm not sad to see it come to an end until next year. 

How about your creativity?  What have you been creating?  Perhaps it's crafting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, creating beautiful flower beds, growing and harvesting your own tomatoes, lettuce, etc, creating a different dish for your family's dinner, and many other activities.  I know creativity moves in many different circles.  Many people think it's only in drawing, writing, or something in the artsy line.  Not true!  Think about it and let me know what you do that creative.

I'm looking forward to being able to put on  a light sweater to go outside soon.  How about you?  I suppose for most of the younger generation out there, you're hating to see the summer weather come to an end.  I don't think I'd like living anywhere else, but in South Central Pennsylvania.  I so like the change of the seasons.  A few years back, my husband and I spent some time in California right after Christmas.  It just simply didn't seem like Christmas there, even with the decorations and Christmas trees.  I can only associate the Christmas Season with the cold weather and snow.  That's all I've ever known and I like it that way.  I suppose I am a creature of habit.  And, I like being that way, also.

I hope you can finish up your weekend with some fun and rest.  Take care and stay safe.
Susan






Here's s silly picture of my husband and myself.

No comments: