Thursday, August 29, 2013

What's up with you?

Hi all,

How is your week going?  I hope it's progressing nicely.  At least tomorrow is Friday, so the weekend is almost upon us.  A lot of you have just sent your children back to school.  I suppose there's a lot of different emotions going on in you.  For some of you, you've just sent a kindergartner or first grader off to school.  I know how trying that can be for you.  You're scared they may need you and you won't be there.

I remember when I dropped my oldest daughter, who's now almost 45, off for her first day of 1st. grade.  I really didn't expect there to be any problems, as she attended kindergarten at the same school, the year before.  Boy was I in for a surprise. 

I parked and she and I got out of the car.  We walked over to the play ground, where all the kids were playing, and the Nun (I'm sorry, but I don't recall her name) walked up to me.  She greeted my daughter and welcomed her to her first day of school.  My daughter started to cry and hang on to me.  She made me pick her up and then when Sister tried to pull her off me, she wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist.  She was sobbing and I was, also.  Sister peeled her off me telling me that she'd be just fine, as soon as I left. 

Needless to say, I cried almost the whole way home.  I felt so terrible.  I worried all that day about her.  She did just fine, although that was a tough year for her.  Sometimes, she'd go to the bus stop and before the bus would come, she'd walk back home (one block) and tell me she missed the bus.  So, I'd put her in the car, along with my two younger daughters, and took her to school.  She still tried that from time to time, during that year. 

I'm sure that many of you have just sent your child back to school:  grade school, high school, or perhaps off to college for the very first time.  I have two Grandsons in college this year.  They are both freshmen.  One has already left and the other starts in early October.  I worry about them.  It's their first time away from home, you know!  I know, they think they're adults and don't need their parents, much less, Grandma worrying about them. 

What can I say, it's the job of a Grandma to worry about her Grandchildren.  I have six Grandsons and I worry every day about them.  So many things can and do happen to young adults today.  In order to not drive myself crazy (oh, okay, some would say I already am!), I simply turn all six of them over to God.  No one can protect them like He can.  I know I certainly can't, that's for sure.

I've been working on my writing a lot lately.  It's moving along very nicely.  I had to do some research today on Bungee Jumping and Tightrope Walking.  NO, I am not going to be doing either one of them, myself.  But, my character in the book, as well as my friend's characters, will be doing both.  I always say that I'm living precariously through my character, Sadie.    I can dream can't I?

How about you?  What have you been up to lately?  I do hope you've been doing something to make yourself feel special, because you are special, to God.  We all are His children and He loves each and every one of us.  Please take some time this weekend for yourself.  Any little bit of time you can make for yourself, is worth it. 

Have a good last day of the work week.  Stay safe and God bless.
Susan








This is a picture of myself and my seven lady friends, who have a character in my novels.






No comments: