Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy Weekend!

Hi all,

How is everyone doing this fine Saturday morning?  I'm doing great!  What wonderful weather yesterday was, and today is to be.  It's so nice out there.  If you get the chance, get outside as much as you can today.  Temperatures to be only in the upper 70's today.

I don't have anything particular on my schedule for today.  But, I will definitely be keeping myself busy today.  I plan to spend some time on my wonderful porch today.  The summer has been so hot and humid, that I haven't had that luxury, very often, this summer. 

I will be spending some time today working on my novel, "Train Trekking" With A Capital "T".  It's moving right along and I'm very excited about this novel.  It's the third in a series, but any one of them can be read separately of the others.  I've decided to use a different twist on this one.  I've added some paranormal activity into this one.  I've always been interested in spirits, ghosts, apparitions, how ever you'd like to refer to them. 

(Note:  I currently have 13 books for sale for electronic reading by Kindle, Nook, PC, Ipad, laptop, or any other electronic device.  You can access them by going to www.Amazon.com and entering 'Susan Lapp Mellott' into the search block and clicking search.)

As for me, I certainly do believe in spirits, etc.  It always amazes me when people say they believe in God and Angels, but don't believe in spirits, ghosts, etc.  Particularly, since God is a spirit.  Oh well, each to his/her own beliefs. 

I am having a hard time accepting that August is now half over.  One of my daughters has been posting on Facebook, pictures of Santa, Snowmen, etc. because she loves the Christmas season.  I suppose that excitement was passed on to her and her Sisters, from me, who got it from my Mother. 

I have to say, that even though money was extremely tight when I was growing up, my Mom and Dad always gave me and my Siblings a marvelous Christmas.  I'm not merely speaking about the gifts, They made the season so full of hope, joy and marvel.  Obviously, that's what I've always tried to do with my own Daughters. 

Anyway, many of her friends have given negative comments on her Christmas photos, but I truly love them.  I so wish that feeling of love and good will to men, which exists during the holiday season, would be present all through the year.  But, sadly, it isn't! 

It has to be done, one person at a time.  I'll be happy to be the first person, and I hope some of you will get in line to help me.  Let's each of us, do just one good deed today for, at least, one person.  Give that joy to some one, it doesn't matter who it is.  Give them just one word of encouragement.  I guarantee you it will not only make them feel better, it will give you joy, as well.

On that note, I'm going to close for today.  Keep doing what you love.  Remember to do at least one thing to be creative today.  Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe.

Note:  I have two books available on Amazon for a free read today only.  They are:  The Day The Flowers Died and Footprints on the Pontiac.
Susan

No comments: