Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's coming, but I hope it fizzles out!

Hi all,

How's everyone doing today?   In my title I'm referring to the snow storm that is supposed to hit PA today.  It's so close to Christmas now, and so many folks will be out on the roads today doing their Christmas shopping.  Hazardous road conditions don't make it safe for them.  My husband has a company Christmas party to attend this evening and I'm not at all happy about him being out on snow covered, slippery roads.  But, as I've said before:  We have absolutely NO control over the weather!

I'm sure, most of you, like me, are looking forward to the Christmas holidays.  I relish the time I get to spend with all my family on Christmas Eve.  It makes me so very happy to see the happiness in their eyes and the smiles on their faces as they unwrap their gifts.  I wish we could give them more, but we only can do so much. 

Christmas is my very favorite time of the year.  The love, fellowship and caring that people bestow upon others, during this time, is wonderful to see.  It's simply too bad that this love can't be expressed during the entire year.  Why is it just at Christmas?  Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that it does exist then, just don't understand why it can't be present every day.

I'm getting anxious to get started, once again, on my writing.  First, I need to get my laptop fixed.  It threw a fit and now won't even open to the main screen.  But, my husband bought me an early Christmas gift.  He purchased a Tablet for me.  I can't really do my book writing on it, but now I can, once again, sit on the sofa with my feet up and check my email, FB, Blogger.com and anything else I choose.  So, for that, I'm grateful to him.

Well, I best end this now, as I have a few things I need to accomplish today before all my energy escapes me.  That, of course, will be around lunch time!  I wish each of you a safe and productive Saturday.  If your area is caught in this snow storm, please be careful on the roads.
Susan

No comments: