Friday, December 6, 2013

It's coming fast...

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this fine Friday evening?  I hope all is well with each of you.  I've had a very busy week, but I'm not complaining. 

Yesterday, my Red Hat Ladies met at my house and we had our annual Christmas luncheon and cookie exchange.  All went very well and we each ended up with over 2 1/2 dozen cookies to enjoy.  I hosted the luncheon and I served ham and cheese on the large Crescent rolls, with a large sliced dill pickle.  Then, of course, there were 36 cookies for us to share for dessert.  I was stuffed, that's all I can say. 

My Sister, Carol, is up from North Carolina.  She came in to spend Wednesday and today with me.  I so enjoy visiting with her.  I miss her so much.  She usually comes home once or twice a year to visit.  She stays with our Brother and his wife when she's here.  We always seem to have so much to chat about.  I was teaching her to crochet today.  She knows how to knit, but not how to crochet.  Time will tell whether she'll be able to do it or not!

My husband is on his way home after a week of hunting.  He didn't get a buck, but I suppose he had a good time trying.  Honestly, I don't get the joy in sitting in a tree stand all day, freezing, but then I'd never shoot a rifle at a deer, even if I had the opportunity.  I'll be glad to have him home once again.

Yesterday I had a telephone call from a publisher, whom I've spoken to in the past.  They simply can't understand why I don't want to have them publish and sell my book.  It's hard for me to explain to people why the money part isn't really important to me.  It's all about giving back for all the blessings I've been given.  I told him I had company and couldn't speak to him right then, but he kept trying.  Finally, he said he'd call me next week.  I said "okay" and hung up.

My laptop isn't working at the present time.  I truly do not know what the heck happened to it.  It just won't even open up to my home page anymore.  I can't tell you how much I miss it.  I've gotten so used to sitting on the sofa with my feet up, working on it.  I need to have some one look at it and soon. 

This weekend we have a Christmas party to attend.  I'm sure it will be very nice. What plans do you have for over the weekend?  Anything fun?  I hope you find some time to enjoy yourself and relax.  I miss having time to just write, anything.  I have something in mind for a booklet, but simply haven't had the time or energy to start it as of yet.

Take care and enjoy the weekend.
Susan

No comments: