Monday, January 20, 2014

Exciting news for me!

Hi all,

I received some good and exciting news today.  I had a telephone call from the owner of Irvin's Book Store, here in York.  They have set me up for a New Release and Book Signing Party towards the end of  February.  I am so pleased and a bit nervous about it.  This will be the first time I've ever done anything like this. 

I never think of myself as a published author, although that's what I am.  It simply seems like a dream come true for me.  All I'm doing, is doing what I love to do.  But, I do have a need to give back for all the creative abilities God has blessed me with all my life. 

I contacted a lady from the newspaper about running another story on me next month, before the book signing.  I hope a get an affirmative reply from her.  Time will tell!  I am asking my family and friends for support by maybe talking to their friends about stopping in on that day, perhaps purchase a copy of my book.  Hopefully that will also bring some new customers to Irvin's Books.

Currently, I am not working on any new writing piece.  I do have something in mind though.  Perhaps I will start that in a few weeks.  Currently, I am working on my hand-made greeting cards for this year.  I like to design special cards for my immediate family, for each holiday, including Thanksgiving.  Then, I will do some all occasion cards.   I will create my Christmas cards later in the year. 

I've learned so many new designs and styles that I enjoy trying.  The problem with some of them is that they take so long to create.  As of today, I've finished my Valentine's Day, Easter and Red Hat ladies cards.  Next, I have to start on my Grandson's birthday cards.  Maybe I'll start them tomorrow.  We'll see how things go...

We had a great weekend.  On Saturday, my Red Hat group came to my home for a craft project and lunch.  We hand embroidered a Valentine's Day gift for our husbands.  Everyone did great and all the  presents turned out great.  As for lunch, I prepared two separate warm dips.  One was a Pizza Dip, which I saw on FB and the other was a dip using salsa.  Both were terrific.  I served them hot with slices of thin and crispy pizza crust and tortillas.  Everyone said how good the dips were and they were anxious to try them, also. 

On Sunday, my husband and I went to my oldest daughters home for a Tastefully Simply Couples party.  Four of my red hatters and their husbands, also attended.  The TS demonstrator was my youngest daughter, who has been in TS for over ten years.  She's done very well for herself, working her business into a full time job.  I'm proud of the dedication she puts into her business. 

I have to say that I am very proud of all three of my daughters.  They are all strong, independent woman, hard workers and great wives and mothers.  I love the three of them and their families so much.  Again, let me say how much God has blessed me all of my life. 

What have you been up to lately?  Have you been doing anything creative?  Can you believe that today is already, Jan. 20th?  Before you know it, we will be through January.  Time truly does fly, doesn't it? 

I suppose for those of you who work full time jobs, that today was a very busy day.  How well I remember those days, and I have to say that I don't miss those days at all.    I suppose that's a part of growing old!  Go figure...

Good thoughts to all of you for a great day tomorrow.  Be safe and if you're in this area of PA, drive carefully, as we are to have between four and eight inches of snow tomorrow! 
Sue

No comments: