Friday, January 24, 2014

What's important to you?

Hi all,

How's everyone doing on this Friday evening?  I do hope you are all in good health and looking forward to a fabulous weekend.  I know that for all you younger people, who still are holding down full time jobs, you live for the weekends.  How well I remember those days,  even though I still had house work, laundry and running the kids around over the weekends.

As for me, I no longer hold down a job, so one day is pretty much the same as the next.  Since most of my days are very sedentary, I don't do any physical things, no matter what day of the week it is.  I do like that my husband is around a little more on the weekends than through the week, as he's still working part-time hours for Triangle Fire Protection Co.  He works from home, in the home office they set up for him, which makes it nice that he doesn't have to make the hour long drive anymore.  I have to chuckle because when he comes down from his office, he says, "I'm home!".  When in fact, he never left home in the first place!

I guess you're wandering about the title to today's blog.  Well, what I'm wandering is what is important to you?  I suppose some of your answers would depend on your age, whether you still have children living at home, whether you work or not and in general, just how busy your daily life is.  I remember how little time I used to have for myself.  You know, back when my girls were still in school and I still worked a full time job. 

Some times it's hard for me to remember those days.  That time seems like a very long time ago to me.  I was always running between work, girl scouts, basketball games, picking up and dropping my daughters up at sports practices or dance classes.  There just was very little time left over because I still had to clean, do laundry and cook. 

Now, my life is so very different.  I don't usually get up until 8:15/8:30 in the morning.  My health requires that I get about ten hours of sleep per night.  After I get up, I fix myself a light breakfast and a cup of coffee.  I eat while I read whatever novel I'm currently into.  If I am doing laundry, I start that before I eat my breakfast.  Then about 9:15 or so, I go upstairs, check my emails, FB and this blog.  After that I dress and spend a little time either working on my writing, hand-made creating cards or whatever project I have going at the time.  By then it's lunch time and time to watch the local news and weather.  Of course, I then relax to watch "Days of Our Lives" on television.  I've been watching that soap, off and on, since the 80's.  (That's a long time!)

The rest of my day is spend doing mostly sitting-down things, because by then I'm pretty tired out.  I do fix dinner for my husband and myself later in the afternoon.  Exciting day isn't it?  Maybe not in your eyes, but I'm still alive and I'm grateful for that at all times. 

To answer my own question, what's important to me is that I "pay it forward" in any way I can, for all the many blessings that God has bestowed upon me.  By rights, I should have died eight years ago, but He wasn't finished with me yet.  So, I need to try to help others through my writing and cards. 

How about you?  In what way do you give back for all the blessings God's bestowed upon you?  I saw the kindness of many people during the Christmas season this year.  Why does it just seem that the only time people do those things is during the Christmas holidays?  That's very sad to me.  The love and joy that we express during that time of year, should be given every day of the year.  Am I wrong?  I truly don't think so.

So, what is important to you?  What's going on in your life that makes you happy?  What makes you feel fulfilled as a person?  What is it that you do that you feel makes you feel good about yourself?  Please take some time to think about these things.  Every one of us need to do something that lets us feeling good about the kind of person we've become. 

Best of luck to each and every one of you.  You are important, just as I am.

Just a reminder:  My newest novel, "Train-Trekking" With a Capital "T" is available for electronic reading now.  You can go to www.amazon.com , then enter my full name in the search block and click.  All of my books and booklets will come up.  I'm very proud of this newest novel.  I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit while writing this one.  I've always been very interested in Paranormal Activity, so I decided to add some to this novel, along with a paranormal mystery.  Check it out.
Susan
Susan

No comments: