Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy Sunday!

Hi everyone,

First of all let me wish you a blessed and pleasant Sunday.  Please make sure you honor God in some way today.  I know I will.

Well, my latest novels have arrived from the printers and I have to say I am so excited about them.  I can't tell you how good it feels to see something that I've worked on so long and hard, to finally come together in book form.  I only have a limited supply, so if you'd like to purchase one, please let me know as soon as possible.  They are $14. each.
 
 
 
How is your winter going for you?  Of course, if you live in an area where the winters aren't harsh, I suppose you have nothing to dislike about it.  As for me and everyone else living in the North Eastern part of the United States, it's been pretty cold, snowy, rainy and ugly outside lately.  In the beginning of the week, we had record low numbers and by the end of this week, we have temperatures in the fifties.  What's up with that, anyways?  We've also had snow a lot so far this winter and I can't say that I'm liking that a whole lot, either.  But, as I've said before, we can not control the weather!
 
 
I haven't quite decided what my next writing project will be, but I guess I'll soon figure something out.  What I do know, is that I absolutely need to get started on my hand-made greeting cards for this year.  Valentine's Day will be here before we know it, so I need to get a move on...   I make special cards for every holiday during the year for my immediate family, as well as, a few get well cards, a few thinking of you cards, and a few sympathy cards.  The only holiday that I don't make cards for now, is Christmas.  I always wait until early November to start them.
 
I have an order all ready to email to Paper Wishes.  I love purchasing supplies from there, because they carry merchandise that the local craft stores don't stock.  I get two magazines from the UK and they offer directions for many different types and styles of cards, using materials not available here in York.  So, that's why I love buying from Paper Wishes.  Also, there is the comfort of being able to place my order while still in my pajamas.  Then having it delivered right to my door.  How much easier can it get? 
 
I'm still waiting to see what the outcome is with my laptop.  I have a feeling that I will be buying a new one in the near future.  I do enjoy the Tablet that my husband bought me for Christmas, but I can't do any writing on it, but it's great to check emails, FB, my blog, etc.  So, for that I am grateful.  Of course, I still have my PC, which I cherish, but because I get so tired as the day progresses, sitting in my chair, in front of the PC, isn't something I can do for very long.  That's where the laptop is great, because I can sit on the sofa with my feet up and write to my heart's content.  Oh well, hopefully that time will come again very soon.
 
I've been thinking a lot about all the blessings that I have received from God.  I have so many, that there is simply nothing more I need.  I basically have everything I need.  How about you?  Do you realize how much God has blessed you and your family?  I feel sorry for all those people who are constantly looking for more:  bigger homes, fancy cars, name brand clothes, more money, etc. etc. etc. 
 
I can honestly say that I don't wish for any of those things.  I am so content just the way my life is right now.  I try to practice Gratitude and Acceptance every day of my life and I know doing this has helped me to feel this contentment.  I hope you will try doing this.  Make your every day mantra one where you give thanks to God and acceptance for everything you have.  I promise you it works.  Your life will be filled with happiness and peace. 
 
Well, I wish everyone a safe and blessed day. 
Susan
 
 

No comments: