Saturday, March 1, 2014

Oh no, here it comes again!

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this fine Saturday?  I hope this finds you all doing well.  What are you all up to today?  I'm sure many of you are running children around, running errands, cleaning house and doing laundry.  I hope you'll stop all that this evening and just kick back, spending some quality time with your spouse and children.  But don't forget to make at least an hour just for yourself. 

Well, if you live in Pennsylvania, I'm sure you already know what I'm referring to in my title.  We're due to have another snow storm starting tomorrow night and all day Monday.  It's supposed to drop another 8-12 inches of snow on us.  Ugh!

I feel so bad for my husband and everyone else who has to shovel the snow.  This winter has been very hard on my husband.  He's not a young man anymore and he simply will not stop and rest until he is completely finished the shoveling. I'm sure he's not the only one who has this philosophy.

We finally got rid of all the snow out front, but there's still quite a bit out back.  Of course, this makes it bad, because that's where we park our cars.  Oh well, there's no use complaining because there's nothing I can do to change the weather.

I've started writing another book.  It's called, "Generation to Generation - Passing it Onward".  Basically, it's about Ethical Wills.  I wrote mine in 2011 because it was extremely important to me to have one in place before I pass away.  Or, simply am not able to write anymore.  I presented a formal copy to each member of my immediate family on Christmas Eve that year.  I'm so glad I was able to do that.

The book will explain all about ethical wills, where the idea came from, and many suggestions on how to write one for yourself.  It will be available for electronic reading (on any electronic device:  computer, Ipad, Ipod, Tablet, laptop, etc.) on Amazon.  I hope to have it finished and uploaded within two weeks or so.  I hope you'll purchase it and that it will encourage you do write an ethical will of your own.  I'll let everyone know when it's available. 

I will be starting another novel in my series at some point this year.  I just have a few other projects going at the present, so when I wrap them all up, I'll get started on a fiction novel.  I'll keep everyone posted on how I'm progressing with it, and when and where it will be available for purchase.

One of the projects I've been working on is creating gift card/money holders for these types of Christmas gifts.  I hate handing someone an envelope with money or a gift card inside.  It seems so impersonal to me.  Maybe they don't really care, but I do.  Here's a picture of some of the ones I've already completed.








The Santa Hats and the Santa's Workshop are big enough to hold a large candy bar or some other little treat.  I love sitting in front of the television and doing hand embroidery.  It just relaxes me.  Besides, any way I can get ahead for Christmas, the better.  I do as much a head of time as I can, that way when the Christmas Season actually arrives, I can sit back and enjoy it!  How good is that?

Well, have a good evening and a wonderful Sunday.  Don't forget to keep the Lord's day special.  Be safe and good health to you.
Susan











No comments: