Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Happy Hump Day! Just where is that camel?

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this fine Wednesday evening?  I hope you all are doing well, especially now that you're on the downward slide of the work week.  One of my daughters called me earlier today venting about her job.  I can't tell you how happy I am not to have to put up with that aggravation any longer.  I know that there's no place you can be employed where there's not some friction going on, but I am so happy not to have to do that anymore.  How about you?  Are you still employed and how are things where you work?  If you're retired, then you know what I mean.

Well, I've been busy working on proofreading my current manuscript, for the second time.  It's going well.  I've also been absorbed with writing poetry.  I only started creating poems a few months ago, but I can't tell you how much I truly enjoy it.  It seems that it's easier for me to write a poem when it comes from a true experience.  You know, what I mean?  I like writing from the heart.  I now have thirteen poems completed.  When I have about twenty five or thirty, I'm going to publish them in an ebook for amazon.com.  I am a member of a web site called FanStory.com and I truly am enjoying it.  It's a web site for writers of all mediums, where you read and rate other writers work.  It pleases me so much that I have received so many good responses on my poetry so far.  And, I've been given a Six Star rating three times.  That's quite an accomplishment to me.

Right now I'm just chilling out and listening to the oldies but goodies music on cable television.  This channel plays the music from the late 50's through the 60's.  That was my era of music and dance. I was an American Bandstand brat.  Don't know why that's what they called the preteens and teens who watched AB every weekday for two hours.  Both my sister, Carol and I turned in faithfully every day we were able.  I guess it helped that both my Mom and Dad liked the music from that time and would also watch sometimes with us.  I loved watching my Parents dance the jitterbug and other dances.  I suppose that apple didn't roll far from either tree!  My Daughters also grew up with the music from those decades.  That's basically all I used to listen to and once again, that's all I listen to anymore.  It takes me back to such simplistic times.  They just don't make music like that anymore.  Does anyone out there remember the song, "Sea of Love" by Phil Phillips and the Twilights, from 1959?  You could either dance slow or do the Stroll to it.  Or, how about "Send Me the Pillow You Dream On" by Johnny Tilletson, from 1962.  And, did you know that he began performing at the age of seven years?

Well, I could go on and on, but I won't.  I do hope that you all are finding something creative do accomplish in whatever free time you have.  I really don't do my in the line of crafts anymore, but I promised a little boy that I'd help him to turn a brick into a snowman this Saturday.  So, I will be doing a bit of crafting with him.  I'll try to remember to take a picture to show you all next week.

How's the weather been where you are living?  It was hot and humid for the beginning of the week, but it was nice today and it's supposed to be lower humidity through the weekend.  I love that fact and hope it pans out. 

Well, have a wonderful evening and try to enjoy something in each work day, even if it's the "going home" part.  Remember that you always have the weekend to look forward to.  Stay safe and God bless.
Sue
 Here's a picture of that beautiful sky I was referring to earlier.  Just take two minutes and look up.  You just may see something amazing!

No comments: